Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado Is On for March 17th

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok boys and girls: get your green on for St Pat's Day
in Salado.
March 17th will be the Salado Egghead Gathering B)
Leroy and I will get more info sent out soon.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Options
    Now that will be a very tempting weekend. Now where did I put that map. :laugh:
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    If you need and extra pair of hands let us know
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Mickey, you are fast. I'm really glad it's set.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Take a step back Mickey.
    Plano has the rights on: "Egghead Gathering B) " and "Outlaw Eggfest". :laugh:

Do you have the green beer lined up?
    Can't wait to see what you pull off this time.
    You and Leroy really put on a great first event.
    Talk to you soon,
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Well worth the trip Mark. Salado is a great little town and Mickey is the best.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    You get another 'Attaboy' for your hat.

Spring "There Is No Such Thing As Attachicken" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Mickey
    Options
    SaladoEggheadGathering.jpg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• uglydog
    uglydog Posts: 256
    Options
    You did good, Mickey. If those boys sitting on the Salado City Council attended last years gathering, then approval for next year's Eggfest should have been a slam dunk done deal. Looking forward to another great time.

Uglydog
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    We let you slide last year. :laugh:

Salado is an Eggfest now.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Options
    Darian you bring up a point.
    What do you all think: Should we be the Salado Eggfest or Salado Egghead Gathering?
    Thoughts please and then the committee will ponder :S

• Photo Egg
    Options
    Mickey I was really just goofing around but you are now a full blown Eggfest with dealer, dist and mother ship backing.
    The term gathering fits the Salado small town feel as well.
    I'm really happy no matter what you call the event.
    Very sorry, was not trying to change anything.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Options
    Darian I think it needs to be brought up.
    Both could fit and feel good....

• Bigjohn
    Bigjohn Posts: 144
    Options
    Mickey, it is a great festival in a historic town and I like 'Salado Eggfest' but, like Darian, whatever you call it, it will still be great. :)
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    From the response, I can see us growing out of the pavilion very quickly. Do you think we may need to get some canopies donated for the days use? just a thought
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Austex_Egger
    Austex_Egger Posts: 153
    Options
    Just put it on my Calendar. Will most likely be my first. Looking forward to it!
  • BHall235
    BHall235 Posts: 32
    Options
    Have to say it was our first and will ALWAYS hold a special place in our Eggheads! Cant wait !!!!!

Brent and Lisa
    Granbury Tx
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Of course there will be Eggheads from Canada and Mexico (perhaps Ireland since it is on St. Pat's day) therefore it should be called the

SALADO INTERNATIONAL EGGFEST

And if Lt. Bob shows up it will have to be renamed the

SALADO INTERGALLATIC EGGFEST
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Frank has a point. Two actually... After all, we have had continuing interest from over 25 alien countries. But since we have clearly outgrown the 'gathering' stage we should progress to the next stage in an orderly fashion. My vote is Salado Eggfest.

Either that or Festival of Fun-Loving, Food-Sharing, Smoke-Smelling, Eggheads.

Naaaaaaaaa...

Spring "A Rose By Any Other Name..." Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    The lady looks like piece a pizza :laugh:
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Very cool. I am looking forward to it.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    The Texas Eggheads Group Gathering Associated Society should send representatives from each part of Texas to the Chicken Reanch to settle this matter in the most appropriate way: Texas Hold 'Em, Lone Star Beer, and ABTs from "The Workin' Girls" ;)
    I will represent the Way, Way Out West Texas group and bring some little green guys with!
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    You're on but it has to get a lot cooler before the "girls" want any action at the Chicken Ranch! For the time being we will have to count on you and Molly to keep things in line...have fun!
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Tweety
    Tweety Posts: 455
    Options
    Love Kari's idea of TEGGAS in the name. I agree with everyone else, that Salado has far outgrown being an egghead gathering. It is a full blown fest!

I do think it would be a good idea to line up some tents. There wasn't a lot of room last year and I wouldn't be surprised if this year is double.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you and the Chicken!
  • Mickey
    Options

We need all to mark their calendars as only 4 months away now.......

March 17th (ST Pats's Day) in Salado

• Mickey
    Options
    Ok we are down to 3 months now till March 17th for the Salado EggFest.

• egginator
    Options
    Wow, I really want to make this fest next year.  Let's not forget the Tito's.

Ed
  • Mickey
    Options

Time to get signed up. We have filled the Inn on the Creek but still have plenty of rooms at Holiday Inn Express and others in Salado. Just send me a note on any questions.  http://www.saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com/

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Hey Mickey...is there some kind of fest in Salado? LOL. Still working on convincing the wife to go. We should know in about 2 weeks.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Options

Please come. We have a very good time and Salado is just a neat place (so lucky I get to live here). Will  have pre and post party to the 17th.