Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Rollup Results

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
chickenstuffed.JPG
<p />Well, on the Mini I cooked some giant portabellas, which I don't have pics of, and on the Medium I tried out for the first time some chicken rollups.[p]Shown above, I pounded the chicken breasts out flat and marinated in some kind of teriaki sauce for about an hour, then stuffed with mushrooms, cheedar and feta cheese, and sprinkled with Tsunami Spin. I wrapped then with lean bacon and held everything together with toothpicks.[p]Here they are ready to go on the Egg. [p]rollupsuncooked.JPG[p]With the Egg going at 350 and an elevated grid setup, I cooked them 25 minutes the first side and 15 minutes the second side, as my Thermopen indicated they had already reached 170 (next time I might try 15 and 15, then cook till 160 internal.[p]Though a bit more done than I would have liked, they still came out tasty.[p]rollupplated.JPG[p]Here's a cross-section of one:[p]rollupcross.JPG[p]And, for all the macro-shot fans, here's a closeup (though a bit out of focus):[p]rollupclose.JPG[p]
These were really good but not amazing - I need to play around more with the flavorings, marinades, stuffings, etc. [p]For those of you that makes these chicken rollups, what do you stuff them with??[p]Cheers,[p]TRex[p]

Comments

• Boccie
    Boccie Posts: 186
    Options
    TRex,[p]The only thing we do with them is ham and baby swiss cheese, top wrapped in bacon. Marinate the chicken in zesty italian dressing.[p]I swear these are my favorite food item now.[p]
    1044 Posts: 93
    Options
    TRex,
    Cornbread with whatever fixin's you like, onion, bell pepper, garlic, etc. Smear a layer about 1/4" thick, then add your cheese and whatever else... Good stuff!

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 441
    Options
    TRex,
    man they look great. Try some of those cranberry razzins soaked in port wine, spinach, blue cheese & slivers of fresh garlic and some toasted pecans (chopped). I've used this in both pork loin & chicken with Tsunami Spin and the result was fabulous. You definately want to cook less - may be 150*, wrap in foil and let rest for 10 to 15 mins and they will come up to 160*. Good Luck with it. Joe