Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

30# of Butt on for the 4th!

dsmith
dsmith Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After a huge feast today I just reloaded my egg and got 'er ramped up again for my all night cook of 30lbs of butt (2-8# and 2-7#).

I rubbed the butts with mustard and Memphis Dust I made a couple of weeks ago for some ribs:

IMAG0136.jpg

As you can see, I'm cooking on 2 levels. I put the 8# butts up top and the 7# on the bottom. I put a drip pan in between them all using my XL Rig.

IMAG0138.jpg
IMAG0137.jpg
IMAG0139.jpg

I'm smoking them with hickory chunks and apple chips with a few Jack Daniels chips just for the heck of it.

I put them on at 8pm after I had my temp stable. Temp dropped to about 75F and has slowly climbed back to a little over 200F at the momen (an hour later). The plan is to eat tomorrow around 2pm.

I'll probably end up ordering my Stoker before the night is over just so I can sleep without worry next go 'round! :laugh:

Comments