Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dryed out Brisket - Any Advice?

ScootersGrilling
ScootersGrilling Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All,

Put a 8.5lb flat brisket on my large BGE last night at 11am. Dome temp was 250 when I went to sleep and at six am when I awoke it had crept up to 300 degrees (yikes)! I checked internal temp of the brisket and it was at 207 degrees. Pulled immediately and am now stuck with a 8lb. piece of mostly dry brisket (the lower half of the cut where the fat cap is still has some moisture in it. I was expecting the cook to take at least 10 hours and it only took 7. Next time I'll set the alarm for 2:00am just to check on dome temp, as I have a feeling if I'd left dome at 250, I'd still be okay and would have moist brisket to serve my 4th of July guests.

So, here's the question: since it's not completely dried out, would it makes sense to foil the brisket, add some apple juice to the foil and then throw it in a cooler for a few hours? Would this somehow add moisture back into the brisket? Or, should I just cut up the brisket and slather it in BBQ sauce?

Scooter

Comments