Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shucked corn

Options
dsmith
dsmith Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Planned on grilling some corn today but my wife's grandmother shucked it already. My thoughts is to just grill it raised-direct and see how it turns out. Even thought about throwing a little of my Memphis Dust rub on it first.

Rest of meal is crab legs and brats (fyi)...see my other posts if interested.

thanks for the help!

Comments

• SmokinParrotHead
    Options
    I grilled some last night but it was still in the husks. I would nuke it in the microwave for a minute or two, covered in a damp towel, then throw it on the egg to finish.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Looks like your path has been already been determined.

Sounds like a good meal is in front of you.

Here is the way I like to cook corn.
    corn1_400.jpg

GG
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Microwave, run for your life.

hehehehe

• SomedayMommy
    SomedayMommy Posts: 199
    Options
    8 minutes boiled. :ohmy:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Oh my,oh my, oh my. I think I will start crying... :( That's a hanging offense in these parts.

Have you ever eaten corn, in the husk, cooked on the egg? You would never say boiled again.

GG
  • dsmith
    Options
    LOL. I grew up in the midwest and we always boiled for 8 minutes. I have yet to eat it off the egg. The capital offense here in the south (I'm in Knoxville but experienced the same in NC when I lived there) is that people boil it and then let it sit in the water forever utnil it gets mushy and soggy. YUCK!

Anyhow, at the family's request, I put it on the grill already shucked. We'll see how bad it turns out.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    dsmith wrote:
    LOL. I grew up in the midwest and we always boiled for 8 minutes. /quote]

I know and it tastes good but once I grew up and learned from the big boys...

Not much better than fresh egg'd sweet corn. Got my mouth watering.

GG
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    Raised grid direct 450ish or normal grid hieght at 350ish, turn every couple of minutes, I like it with just a little char, I sprinkle a little cajun seasoning or red chile powder on also.
    008-4.jpg
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    No problem if it's shucked.
    Rub them down with mayonnaise(I use Blue-Plate) then sprinkle them with your favorite Cajun seasoning (I like Legnon's). Grill on your BGE a raise grid at 350* for about 10-15 min. turning often. Then get some foil and wrap them with a pat of butter and more seasoning if you like, and place back on the grill for another 15 minutes or so. You don't have to time it exactly they will stay fine in teh foil for when ever you are ready to eat.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,476
    Options
    My already-shucked, direct-grilled corn today wasn't very good, but I don't think the ears were that good to begin with (supermarket, not farmer's stand...)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• dsmith
    Options
    Tasted great. Everyone loved it. Cooked raised/direct at about 350F

IMAG0130.jpg
    IMAG0128.jpg

Just enough to eat with the rest of my spread...
    IMAG0133.jpg

Now for some Tums...