Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

wings and legs

pokey
pokey Posts: 59
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to grill some wings and legs on the egg without a leg rack. I have seen varying temps and times for the wings and legs, any suggestions if placing both on grate using direct heat?

Comments

• pokey
    pokey Posts: 59
    I think I have a solution. For my b-day my wife purchased a stackable set of grates for the egg (they are really cool and give you much more cooking space). I am going to put the legs on the bottom and the wings on the top section and turn the legs periodically to keep from burning. I will post a pic of the grates when we get the chicken on. Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th. :)
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Doing some wings myself today. Have tried lots of ways, but still think a raised grid, as high in the dome as you can get it, direct as you stated. I prefer about 275, with turns/flips of the wings about every 30 minutes. It takes longer this at this low of a temp, but it gives the results I like - smokey flavor, fall off the bone and crispy skin.

Hope it helps