Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first brisket

yellowneck
yellowneck Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
f954a35e.jpg
3ab54c1d.jpg
ed1bd484.jpg
a176c11a.jpg
So this my first attempt at a brisket. It's a texas wagyu brisket. I trimmed off the excess fat, put a stone ground mustard over the brisket then a dry rub. It was put in the egg at 8:15Pm and it is now 6:30am. I set temp at 225 but had to leave for a bit. When I came back 2 hours later temp had slowly risen to 350. I closed the lower draft and dialed down the damper on top and temp seems to be dropping. I hope I didn't hurt the brisket

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    High big a boy is that? (ref: R.D. Mercer) :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Nice looking beast you got there. Good luck with your cook.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    I'll bet you are going to be just fine....you can foil it if you think it's going to get too dry before you are ready to finish it.....looks like an excellent choice.... :)
  • BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    You will be fine. That wagyu should have lots of internal (marbled) fat. I cook normal briskets @ about 325 for a couple of hours in the middle of the cook sometimes. I do it on purpose, you did it accidently. Both come out good!

BOB
    now about that mustard thing... :( :unsure: :sick: