Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Raised Grid

Options
Tired Jim
Tired Jim Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm not satisfied with the raised grid I currently have and am interested in buying or building something better. I know the Naked Whiz has a design on his site but wanted to know if there are other designs eggers have made. I thought I had seen one on the forum awhile back but can't find anything in the archives.[p]Please provide any information available.[p]Thanks.

Comments

• Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    Tired Jim, slide on down the forum dial and look for my post on adjustable grate, mid week. Tom

• Tired Jim,
    I made one for my large...bent a piece of strap steel into a hoop just large enough to fit under the grid. I then welded 3 six inch high 1/2 inch square tubing legs to the ring. the legs sit on the lip the grid normally sits on. With this set up, I can raise the grid up to the level of the opening, and I can also put a Weber grid I bought @ the depot on the regular level, for a drip pan or pizaa stone or whatever, and put the normal grid up top. Kinda hard to explain, a picture would work well here...doh.

• Moose
    Moose Posts: 3
    Options
    A few years back a fellow Egger suggested using 4" clay pots from your local garden supply center. I use four pots (inverted) as the legs for my raised grill. It's easy and cheap![p]Moose

• Eggvis
    Eggvis Posts: 94
    Options
    Moose,[p] I use some semi-circular garden bricks and place another grill on top. Works every time, and has more overall surface area than a regular raised grid.
  • Tired Jim
    Tired Jim Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks to all for your ideas.[p]Tired Jim