Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got me a Magic Bullet

Bacchus
Bacchus Posts: 6,019
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
But I'm not really big on smoothies.
Anyone use one of these on a regular basis?
Looks like fresh salsa and guacamole are common things to whip up. What are some other good things to do with it?

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Did you forget the picture :laugh:
    Ok, you did not forget the picture. What are you talking about :blink:
    Oh..................
    (sorry, I am the slow one :blush: )
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    I always thought it was some kind of thing found in a sex shop. Oh, never mind..
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Is it a Silver bullet from the Lawn Ranger?
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Bacchus: Pestos, Marinades, Vinaigrettes, Coulis, etc... They're great, quick, and easy clean up. (I would have said home made mayo, but I saw how you feel about that! :laugh: ) Just think of it like a mini blender (but I wouldn't suggest frozen drinks).
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    I use one regularly for protein shakes, and like mine a lot!
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • LoisLane
    LoisLane Posts: 94
    I have one, slightly different brand.

Just beware when doing salsas and guac type stuff- it is VERY easy to overprocess quickly. So start out with some short pulses at first or you will end up with everything too soupy before ya know it. :S

I mainly use mine for smoothies- which I see you are not a fan of. Mine came w/ two different blades, and one of them works as a coffee / spice grinder. The blade has held up well, but it did eventually crack the particular plastic cup I used specifically for that purpose.
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 382
    Bought a similar device to take on vacation! Sole purpose was Margeritas, Daquiries, etc.

Since I'm diabetic, I have not had the luxery of such drinks, but a friend turned me on to Baja Bob's.

http://www.bajabob.com/

All sugar free, made with Splenda, and excellent!
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    We make a lot of different things in our blender. Over the years we have gone through---no telling how many. Three years ago I decided enough was enough and bought one of the best blenders in the world, the Vita-Mix. Outstanding, high quality blender that is very multifunctional. 7 year warranty also. Worth every cent in my opinion. One of my favorite kitchen devices.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Yea Pesto is on my short list LC. I havent made it in about a year. Will get some shrimp too, for either pizza or pasta. Man I love that stuff.
    I might try the chocolate mousse from their website.
  • B & C
    B & C Posts: 217
    Pancake, Waffle, or Funnel Cake Batter?
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    funny....
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA