Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs on the 4th

Options
golffer
golffer Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am doing baby backs for about 20 on Monday. I believe this is too many for for a single cook on my large BGE so what are my best options? First cook, alum foil in a cooler then cook 2nd batch? Suggestions please.

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    If you have an Adjustable Rig you can get 6-8 racks of ribs and that should be good for that crowd...
  • golffer
    golffer Posts: 144
    Options
    Just got one last week. Wll certainly try that. Any chance you have pictures of that setup with load of ribs?
  • Chief Chef
    Chief Chef Posts: 199
    Options
    Golfer - Here is a shot of my very first newbie cook - 8 and 1/2 racks in an inverted "V" rack. Didn't even know know what I was doing and everything turned out great. Served them "dry" style since there was no room to slather them up. Have since acquired the adjustable rig but have never attempted that many racks since.
    ribsonBGE.jpg
  • Sevy
    Sevy Posts: 6
    Options
    where did you get the rack? Does this require you to rotate the ribs so they finishing cooking at the same time? Also do the ribs have the same level of smoke ie are the inside ribs as smokey as the outside?