Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled the trigger

Options
oldfishinglure
oldfishinglure Posts: 235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
On a stoker...Years I have bounced between the two trying to read...justify....read....justify....justify...read
Picking between the two.....Digi...Stoker...Bla bla bla youll drive yourself mad it like picking between the AR and the WOO!! Too many choices...

Wifes boss said to me the other night as he was touring us around the lake in his new 65K skiboat pulling our kids on a tube as I was in envey.."Matt there is just no way of being rational and or justifying this, it just is what it is and lifes to short to second guess the fun that will be had by all on this." Made sense to me and heck I dont have to make the monthly payment..

My 4 soon to be 5 year old had a bone marrow test this last week to rule out Lukemia. Test results were good no Lukemia. He will have his spleen removed for his blood disease in less than a month after we get back from taking him to the beach trip that we responabily should not have taken. But its his favorite place and money doesnt matter when smiles are concerened.

So I took that extra coffe can money so I will have a new toy up our return to create more family smiles and full bellies.

Long and short of it as I can talk the bark off a tree. Lifes too short sometimes to second guess....Tao and the art of back yard living
www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I'm not a fan of powered draft controllers, but good to see you posting oldfishinglure. I always think of "elonious funk" when I see you online. Did I get that right?
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
    thelonious monk...but he does have the funk...freudian slip..Maybe Ill repost the Tao and the art of back yeard living! Were coming close to her aniversary.
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Don't own, wind whipping up the hill is more than enough. Good news on the young one bone marrow.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Congrats on the stoker. Kind of like having 2 large eggs for the two of us. No reason for two large eggs, but you can't always second guess yourself. Have to take a few minutes out of your life and enjoy them. I hope everything goes well for your son. Enjoy the beach trip!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Options
    First and most important, I'm really glad to hear your son doesn't have leukemia.

Second, I too ordered a stoker, just a couple of days ago! The biggest reasons I picked the Stoker over the digiq or cyberq was built in networking support (as opposed to via USB), and also that and the stoker comes with a 120-240w DC power supply in the box, so power won't be an issue for me in the UK. :D
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    You made a good decision. I also rationalize things for weeks and then don't make a move unless it's for someone else. We need to reward ourselves once in a while, even if it's only an ice cream cone after a hard day at work. Have fun with your new toy. And well wishes to your little one. I can tell that you're a terrific Dad. ;)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Best wishes for your son and family.

I had the same problems. But rather than years mine was weeks.

I first bought the DigiQ then the Stoker. Love em both but if I only had one I would get the Stoker.

GG
  • dsmith
    dsmith Posts: 147
    Options
    Very good news! Praise God for your son!

I've been ruminating about that same decision for months. I was going to get one before this weekend for my all night cook on Sunday but just could not do it. My wife has been telling me to just buy one, probably so I'll just shut up about it. I've got the money, I've just had a hard time justifying. I think you just helped me. Only too bad I can't use it Sunday!

Again, I'm happy about your son. Now go and have a great beach trip!
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    LOL, well I couldnt remember exactly, and that is what Google led me too. B)