Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking Ahead for Sunday

Options
bonemuse
bonemuse Posts: 53
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy,
I'm throwing a party on Sunday and am itching to use my Egg for something fun. I have ALL day off tomorrow and would love to get ahead on something to show off the talents of the Egg (very few of my friends have heard of it...) So I guess I have a couple of questions:

1) Are there any recipes or ideas out there that people know of that would be something I could cook two days ahead to serve on Sunday? (I know, it sounds blasphemous, but I don't have a lot of time on Sunday- we'll be bringing the hordes back from a parade and I'll need to get cooking pronto.)

2) Besides burgers, brats, and dogs, do any of you wonderful people have something that doesn't take too long to grill? (I don't mind the prep time, because like I said, I'm off all day on Friday.)

I'm fairly new at the Egg thing- I'm on a Large, and only have the indirect plate. Once I get done paying for the Egg, I'll start loading up on accessories...

Thanks!
~TK~
--------------------------------------
30 miles west of Chicago, buried deep in the suburbs.

LBGE (May 2011), SBGE (June 2014) and a growing pile of accessories.

Comments