Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie First two Cooks

Options
mxdad
mxdad Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I finally bite the bullet and got my first BGE. Actually it was a fathers day present from my wife and boys. I am a long time charcoal griller/smoker and actually thought I was fairly good until I discovered how good you can actually be with the BGE. I have started on a table for my large egg using some of the examples I found online. Looks like it will turn out around 36 X 62ish. I am doing a combination Granite and Cypress top. I have a 36 X 38 slab that (lucky that my wife sales granite) was left over from one of her jobs. I will join that with the cypress and the egg will set in a hole in the cypress. Will post pics when it is complete this weekend (Fingers Crossed)

Anyway I picked up the egg on Saturday my first cook was a whole 5.5lb roaster. I used the spatchcock method that I found on this forum. It turned out absolutly fantastic

chicken.jpg

My second cook was Sunday and used the Carwash Mike technique found here. he must have been a wonderful man because his technique is great. i also put a pot of beans on with the ribs for the last two hours. Both turned out great.

ribs.jpg?t=1309186192

After two cooks I am hooked, can't wait to get the table complete and enjoy the 4th egging away

Comments