Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First brisket

garcia77
garcia77 Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello, thought I would share today's cook turned out pretty nice. I used yellow mustard and Montreal seasoning on the meat, had some hash browns that needed to be used and a side of Costceaux bean salad. I dropped some Maurices with crushed red pepper on the brisket on the plate.

DSCN0794-1.jpg
DSCN0798.jpg
DSCN0800.jpg
DSCN0804.jpg

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Don't know how I feel about mustard on brisket..but will give it a try before I decide..and you'r signature is awesome..unless it was directed at me..LOL..
  • jasperga
    jasperga Posts: 21
    Looks nice -- I'll bet it tasted good too -- what eamp did you use? -- How long did it take to get to what internal temp? -- did you use smoke -- if so, what wood? -- Chips or chunk?

I am going to do my first brisket soon, and I am a fairly new egger so I am curious.

Thanks
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    :laugh:

Wess: What was that T-Shirt you showed us
    awhile back . . . :whistle: :ermm: :evil:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • garcia77
    Thanks Wess the mustard sauce isn't straight yellow it's a sauce from Maurice's BBQ in SC. I've been over the top with it lately.

And the theme of the signature is generally pointed in my direction. :)
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    I love the sig.
  • garcia77
    I had the egg running at +/- 260 for I guess 7 or 8 hours with a platestter, the internal was 200 or so when I pulled it off and let it sit. I used cherry for the smoke not sure if that is supposed to match with brisket but tasted good by me and more importantly the family. :)
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    In hindsight I think the shirt may have been a good representation to both pictured..
    DSC00045.JPG
  • NICE meal and plating B)
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    That is a real good mustard based BBQ sauce. I have a jug of it. One of his restaurants is only 10 miles from me in North Augusta, SC.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    ROTFLMAO

Thanks!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Looks Great. How about sharing cooking instructions with us. Time, temperature, plate setter direction, etc.

Still Eggin in Ky.

CroMag :cheer: