Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is your favorite indirect cook off the mini?

Trip
Trip Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My WONDERFUL wife bought me a mini for my birthday. Already I have seared steaks and cooked chicken. I was wondering what are your favorite things to cook indirect on the mini. I bought some pizza stones from amazon and I am trying to come up with different/new things to cook on it: casseroles, sides and what is your setup?

Thanks!

Comments

• PFSmith
    PFSmith Posts: 34
    If you have pizza stones, cook pizza! I've ordered the stones, too, and I'm looking forward to cooking small, flour-tortilla crusted pizza (two tortillas with a layer of 4 cheese Italian blend in between to meld them together).

You could set up an indirect cook where you could do a small pork butt, slabs of ribs cut into sections so they would fit on the mini - heck - you could bake a cheese cake.

I enjoy my mini, but I've pretty much limited my cooks to steaks, burgers and chicken pieces when I'm cooking just for me, or for myself and one of my daughters. Anything more and I use the small. I have yet to fire up my medium.

Pat
  • Trip
    Trip Posts: 27
    Thanks, I guess to date everything I have cooked on my large and/or mini is meat, pizza, fried rice, grilled veggies and ABT's. I'm trying to come up with something else to cook. Might do some meat balls?

Thanks again,
    Trip
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Trip, I bake sweet potatoes all the time on the mini, I have the Kimwoo from the Ceramic grill store and the pizza stones from Amazon. I bake em at 300-350, raised grid on the pizza stone. When they get a little black on the bottom I roll it a little repeat until a little black on all sides. Takes about an hour or so.
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Haven't really played much with this yet. But I'm ready if I need it. A friend broke a small/med. pizza stone so I nabbed it before it hit the trash. I used JB weld and being that all the joints are in compression, I think it will stand the test of time.

c69277c5.jpg

773bddcb.jpg

c7af6a46.jpg