Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BlueGrass Eggfest??

Options
Capt Frank
Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any one know anything about the Bluegrass Eggfest in Frankfort KY scheduled for July 15-16??
When I click on the banner ad it takes me to the BGE homepage :huh:

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    that would be a blast!!
  • Capt Frank
    Options
    Julie, I will let you know when i find out something about it :)
  • palajoe
    palajoe Posts: 5
    Options
    I live at Ft. Knox and should be back from Afghanistan just in time!
  • HoosierDan
    HoosierDan Posts: 76
    Options
    Frank, I was wondering about this also. Being held at a nursery I suppose they do not have a website on which to host the specifics. If I weren't already busy I would be there for sure. That would only be an hour or so from home. Hopefully they will still hold the one in Louisville in August.
  • Capt Frank
    Options
    Thanks Dan, I will keep checking the banner ad to see if a web site for the fest comes up.
    palajoe, hope to meet you there :)
  • palajoe
    palajoe Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks CPT Frank, same here. I've been an Egger for about 5 years now,(between deployments) but just recently joined the Forum.

I've always thought I was a pretty decent Egg cooker, but have learned so much from lurking on this site. Last week I bought a DigiQ, a FrogMat and a jar of Dizzy Pig that will be put to use immediately after I get back!
  • Capt Frank
    Options
    I picked up a couple of frogmats in Melbourne this spring and wrote a review on them after my firsyt use. They are great. :)
    Dizzy Pig is my go to rub, several of them actually.
    Hope we get to meet up when you get home. :)
  • Capt Frank
    Options
    I picked up a couple of frogmats in Melbourne this spring and wrote a review on them after my firsyt use. They are great. :)
    Dizzy Pig is my go to rub, several of them actually.
    Hope we get to meet up when you get home. :)
  • kywaterfowler
    Options
    HoosierDan wrote:
    Frank, I was wondering about this also. Being held at a nursery I suppose they do not have a website on which to host the specifics. If I weren't already busy I would be there for sure. That would only be an hour or so from home. Hopefully they will still hold the one in Louisville in August.

I called Brownsboro Hardware & Paint yesterday to find out the price of a new large BGE and they told me that they were having an eggfest in August. Is that the eggfest you are talking about? They also told me that if I could hold off on getting a new BGE then they are throwing a bunch of stuff in for free.
    Mt. Washington, KY
    Large Egg
    iGrill2
  • Capt Frank
    Options
    No, Brownsboro Hardware is the Louisville one, I have never been to it, but I am familiar with the store, I grew up in that part of Louisville.
    The One listed in the banner ads is in Franfort in July :)
  • kywaterfowler
    Options
    Capt. Frank wrote:
    No, Brownsboro Hardware is the Louisville one, I have never been to it, but I am familiar with the store, I grew up in that part of Louisville.
    The One listed in the banner ads is in Franfort in July :)

I hope to make it to both. B)
    Mt. Washington, KY
    Large Egg
    iGrill2
  • kywaterfowler
    Options
    Anybody have any info about this? It's next weekend.
    Mt. Washington, KY
    Large Egg
    iGrill2
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Options
    Kywaterfowler:  I was also looking for information on this Eggfest.  The link is broken and just redirects you to the page, so I called the number on the site.  It is being held the coming week and here is a link to their nursery.  http://wilsonnurseriesky.com/calendar-events/  I was able to procure a Large Big Green Egg Demo, so very excited to get to join in the Eggstravgansa and become an EggHEAD!!

Lizzie:

Soon to have LBGE
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    Glad to see this post.  I live in Cynthiana and I'm going to head over there on Saturday.  Hope to meet some of you there.