Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie questions - cover and daisy wheel

Options
Randar
Randar Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been using my medium BGE for a few weeks now. Two questions that I'm surprised I couldn't find the answer to in the vast internet.

1) What is the maximum temperature I should be at before putting the vinyl cover on? I think I have a non-ventilated BGE cover, which according to this http://www.biggreenegg.com/tables.html, isn't the one out of "heavier material". Although the BGE doesn't transmit as much heat as my previous stainless steel BBQ, it does radiate it for much longer. I was surprised that nowhere did it say "wait X hours" or "wait until temp shows X" in the manual. Seems like a basic safety question.
2) Where should I store the daisy wheel when not in use? I've been keeping it in the bottom of the nest, where the beams cross. Although it looks like I may already have some rust appearing. I haven't tried to clean it hard to check, so it might just be some other stuff. In one video, he kept it in the egg, but that feels like it would be where all the moisture and foodstuff is. The guy who delivered it said "don't keep the daisy wheel on when you put the cover on", but didn't really say where to keep it.

Comments