Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New EggHead Here....Here's my first two cooks

Options
Colorado Jeep
Colorado Jeep Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Everyone,

My name is Eric and I live in beautiful Colorado.

Every year, my Boss has a BBQ at his house. And he stands behind his Traeger. I was very very close to purchasing a Traeger......until someone introduced me to the BGE. And let me tell ya'...I'm glad they did!

I got a brand new, large Egg, a nest, plate setter, pizza stone, and a bag of charcoal out the door for $815 :woohoo:

DSC00559.jpg
DSC00561.jpg

My first cook was some pork shoulder boneless ribs. They came out OK, I was mainly using them as "practice" to get the hang of regulating temps. I did these at 300* for about two and a half hours.

DSC00566.jpg

Tonight I cooked up some meatloaf, and it was pretty good! I'll have to try this one again soon. Did this at 350* indirect for one hour.

DSC00570.jpg
DSC00571.jpg

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know everyone. B)

-Eric

Comments

• Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Congrat's & Welcome Eric!
    Cookin Biker is also in CO. Springs, may be close to you. Looking forward to more pic's from your future cooks. That BGE will last you a lifetime.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • BigDaddy - OCT
    Options
    Great start and welcome to the cult!! Keep up the good work and posting pictures!

Bruce
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Welcome to the party, Eric! You got a TERRIFIC deal on your Egg! Congrats!

I have a suggestion for using your platesetter. Line it with foil so the splatters outside the drip pan don't bake on. Or maybe you need a bigger drip pan? Heavy-duty foil can be one of your best friends.

I never tried meatloaf. If you have a great recipe don't hesitate to post it!

Looking forward to your next posts.
    Judy in San Diego
  • ron4fish
    ron4fish Posts: 144
    Options
    Looks Great you did a good job. Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of the BGE!!! B)
  • Smokinb
    Smokinb Posts: 103
    Options
    You will have to have your boss over for some spatchcock chicken or something. He'll be impressed.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Welcome Eric! Glad to see you post. You will really enjoy it here.
    I'm in the Springs, where are you located?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    welcome to forum.

Definitely stock up on the foil :)
    context is important :)
  • Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Options
    Welcome!

Next time, you host the BBQ.. abd soon you'll be the boss ;-)

Good deal on the egg too, I think I paid 1050 for mine, all the same accessories too.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Eric. Already putting out some great food there. Congrats. Thanks for sharing the pics.

OT - What kind of Jeep do you have? I've got an '04 Rubicon. Love it.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Welcome to the forum. :) I see your well on your way for some fantastic cooks. Check out all the links in the FAQ link in my signature. Tim
  • BB1857
    BB1857 Posts: 131
    Options
    Welcome to the world of the best grilling/smoking/baking you will ever find!!
  • Lobicho
    Lobicho Posts: 557
    Options
    Great two first cooks...
    Awesome!!!
    Welcome to the dark side of the BGE!!
  • Colorado Jeep
    Options
    Thanks Everyone for the warm welcome!

Sounds like I better stock up on heavy duty foil. Thanks for the tips!

I liked the comment about having everyone at my house for the company BBQ. :laugh:

Hello Cookn Biker...... I'm just a little North of you in Castle Rock. I plan on attending Eggfest, maybe see you there...?

My main hobby is Jeepin' , I drive a 01 Jeep Cherokee XJ that I'm building to take me anywhere there may be a road in Colorado. I've lived here my whole life, but still haven't seen it all.

The BGE is catching up close to the Jeep though :P
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I'll be cooking at the fest. Look forward to meeting you.
    I was born here also. Still exploring it. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE