Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

4 racks of BB ribs at once..Need help!

axrowland
axrowland Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a Large egg and I need to do 4 racks of baby back ribs at once. Need ideas and pics of the best way to put them on the grill at the same time. Any links to gear or racks would be appreciated to....as my son says "mmmmm ribs"

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Here is 3 racks flat on a large 4 will be a tough fit unless you stand them up in a rack or do 2 levels.

DSC00022.jpg
  • PhotoPro
    PhotoPro Posts: 47
    You can invert a v-rack and place the slabs in the slots in the rack. Long term you can get a Woo3 with an extender (see my post right below this one) and cook four slabs laid horizontal. I ordered mine from ceramicgrillstore.com. I called on Monday and the box was on the porch Thursday night when I got home from work.

Though it works, and I have used it myself, the inverted v-rack is not my favorite solution. The slabs wind up touching each other which creates bark-free areas that just look ugly. It's nearly impossible to get a good glaze or sauce on the ribs if you go this route.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    The "best" way IMHO is the AR rig from ceramic grill store with the new oval stone, oval grids and slider. The long oval stone and grids protect the ribs from scorching and the slider makes moving them around a cinch. Check it out at www.ceramicgrillstore.com and give Tom a call if you have any questions :)
  • marin8or
    marin8or Posts: 1
    I have done as many as six racks at once using an inverted V rack. Probably not optimal, but it works. You could definitely do four w/o too much contact between them.
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Roll them and stand them on the rib end. Not the brisket end. A loose roll will allow smoke to penetrate.
    E