Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hello!

Options
Austex_Egger
Austex_Egger Posts: 153
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just a quick note as I am going to pick up my first Egg in a couple of hours. I've been reading the forum feverishly for the past week soaking up information and ideas. I was hoping to score a used Egg, but it appears that the folks that post them on Craigslist have a change of heart and do not respond, so I'm getting a new Large Egg.

I've been smoking for the last 13 years on my trusty Bandera, but alas a large hole has rusted through the firebox. I have always been intrigued with the BGE and am excited about being able to do low and slow without the constant monitoring it took with my Bandera.

My favorites have been brisket and pulled pork. I am really looking forward to the versatility of the egg and also probably retiring my gas grill. I'm just getting a few accessories at this point probably sticking to a plate setter and pizza stone, maybe a v-rack and a cover.

This looks like a great community and it will be fun learning and sharing experiences.

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there. I know mine will be! :)

Comments