Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Woo3 Kit Sunday

PhotoPro
PhotoPro Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We just bought every imaginable Woo3 accessory for the Large BGE. It's getting its first workout Sunday morning when Shirley throws down on 4 racks of baby back ribs. She'll use the Woo3 with the 16-inch drip pan in the bottom for indirect cooking. The main grid will be elevated to the gasket level for two racks of ribs, and the 16.5-inch Woo3 extender will sit on top of that to cook the other two racks of baby backs up in the dome.

In addition to those goodies, we have the 16-inch wok and wok accessory kit, the spider, the 13-inch drip pan, the 13-inch baking stone, and the 13-inch by 17-inch baking stone. I'll post pictures as things progress on Sunday. Of course she'll be using Chris' salt free Dizzy Dust. If you are on a restricted sodium diet, this is the product for you. DP also makes a salt free version of Ragin' River that is over the top. Great on fish, poultry, and some pork products.

Comments

• Chuck222
    Chuck222 Posts: 67
    Sounds like you're good to go. I have the same set up, all except the wok (I hope to get one soon). My egg comes tomorrow from the local EggFest. So I have the table, the Woo3 patiently waiting for the guest of honor. I imagine your ribs will be delicious. I'm going to try plank salmon once I get the Egg home.

Chuck222
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    That sounds great. I love my woo3. I have used it on almost all of my cooks in the large. I bought the adjustable rig a few months back, but found I have only used it once.
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    I have both the Woo3 and the Adjustable Rig, and while most seem to live and die by the AR, I prefer the simplicity of my Woo3 with the extender.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • dsmith
    dsmith Posts: 147
    I have the XL egg and just got in the mail my XL rig combo pack which included the xl spider and I got an extra glide and rack. My plan is to smoke some St. Louis ribs on Sunday. That will be my first use of my rig and my first rib smoke.

With my set up (in which i already had the plate setter), I was told to get the rig instead of the woo. I'm new to all this stuff so I hope it works out.

Good luck on your ribs too! I'll be posting my smoke on Sunday.