Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Note from the front lines

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Chris sent me a note, I am passing it on:

Mickey,
Sorry about the short message day before but didn't want you to think I was ignoring yall or anything. Seems like we are having comm black outs alot lately. I would say atleast once a week. I get off shift in about 3 hours and going to post two threads. One will be the opening of the egg and the second is the two cookings on the grill with steak and pizza. Just a side note had to use flour instead of corn meal for the pizza stone..... Sort of worked sort of not. Had to keep scraping off the burnt flour. lol. But it still did its job. Cooking this friday (hopefully) not sure what though. Planned REAL hamburgers but the cook informed me yesterday night that the meat didn't come in... So maybe chicken breasts or something like that. . . . Maybe some BBQ chicken. Thought about kabobs but don't have the sticks. May improvise those from something. I asked the cook about spaghetti noodles in substitution of the sticks but she said wouldn't be hard enough. Everything else they have come in is pre cooked.. Not exactly good to try to change the taste of pre cooked food. Any suggestions for boneless chicken breasts?

Well just keepoing you up to date on the newest things going on here...

Take Care,
Chris
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• wkygriller
    wkygriller Posts: 408
    Options
    Sounds like he needs some fire wires. Bet we could come up with those and ship at a reasonable price. I'm in!
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Mickey - interesting to see what Chris has (or does not have) at his disposal. I'll be stocking up for another care package to send his way soon. :)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    E I would like to help. If I sent a check would you be able to use it in filling the basket?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• elzbth
    Options
    I've got your email address...when I get everything together I'll let you know. I've added skewers to my list. Think I'll just send bamboo - I think they work fine enough and easy enough to clean :laugh: If you can think of other items, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I wonder about beans - the canned Bush Grillin Beans aren't bad. Flat Rate postage is easy enough- if it fits, it ships. And they discount the large boxes to APO/FPO addresses. Those guys are very deserving of a little surprise every now and then....besides Chris is practically my neighbor - he's from Eufala - he's an Auburn fan, but I forgive him for that. ;)
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Can I make a couple of suggestions?

Tell Chris to soak the wooden skewers before using or they could burn up.

And if you could tuck some SEMOLINA in to use instead of flour or cornmeal under the pizzas...the grains are like little ball bearings and the dough just slides off.
    Judy in San Diego
  • jzcc
    jzcc Posts: 123
    Options
    Elzbth, how about adding some fire starters to your care package? Please let me know if we can help with anything. Would be happy to contribute.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Thanks Mickey. :)
  • elzbth
    Options
    Thanks Judy - just added semolina to the list.... ;)
  • elzbth
    Options
    Great idea - fire starters added to the list...I will keep you posted - and please let me know if you think of anything else. :)
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Don't forget to explain exactly why it's there!

If he makes his own dough he could put some into the dough, it's a good thing, too.
    Judy in San Diego