Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping Fishlessman

Options
nodock
nodock Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
do you know what the temp was on the cook in the pix? thankx.....

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    it was a while back and not my cook but 275 would work, he cooks in foil first and they are near done when removing from the foil, they then go on at a little lower temp for a little color, smoke, and then later sauce, flipping and end-overs every maybe 20 minutes. i would put a pizza stone with some foil underneath for that cook and when flipping remove everything as quick as possible and flip rotate, if you take too long the fire gets too big with the open dome.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nodock
    nodock Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm only cooking about 5 racks...so flipping them should not be a problem...many thanks for you help...also, do you know what a large plate setter costs?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    never used a platesetter, no idea. 5 racks easy on one grill, try and raise it, the higher the better as long as the ribs still fit. most of my cooks are rasied grid either with or without a barrier, this one i had a pizza stone under it with some foil ontop. these were just cooked at 250, no foiling the ribs

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=674282&catid=1
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it