Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How would you all feel if

Options
2»

Comments

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    I am wone of the many short-timers here, about 2 months or so. My association so far has been invaluable in terms of lessons learned and confidence gained (yes, I can do that).
    I was honored to contribute in a small way to help Mickey's project to get the Mini egg to
    Afghanistan, and if push comes to shove, I will be glad to contribute to keeping this association alive.
    'Nuff said.

;)
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Man, I think the folks that have been around for a while are more sensitive to it than new folks. There is no clique. It is all about meeting and knowing people that you know on an anonymous forum. Once you have hoisted a few with people it is a lot different than having never met them. That is my story and I'm sticking to it B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I so hope you aren't allowed on the new forum. :laugh:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    I'm with you Molly!! I've just been here a couple of years, I have learned a lot, and finally feel like I can contribute occasionaly. I would hate to lose this place!
  • JOJayhawk
    JOJayhawk Posts: 27
    Options
    I purchased an XL in April. I can honestly say that I would not have purchased my Egg without this site. I'm not sure that I would have known enough about BGE without reading about it here.I'm sure that there are a number of good dealers throughout the country,but we would not be honest if we didn't admit that there are many not so good dealers who know very little about the product they sell. We all can't be lucky enough to have Freds Music and BBQ as our dealer. I was debating between BGE, Primo, and Grill Dome and the support that I witnessed on this site made the choice easy.The help that I have seen people give us newbies gave me the confidence to spend a fairly sizeable amount of money when a Weber Kettle sufficed in the past. My dealer wasn't even aware that BGE had switched to stainless steel grills.
    Every cook that I have done came from advise or ideas that I got here.
    I built a table from ideas that I saw in pictures on the Table Forum.
    I can honestly say that the members of this forum are better sellers for BGE than the dealers. In fact the dealer site is outdated. Many are not even in business any longer.

Bill in Kansas City
    Overland Park, Kansas
    XL
  • fasteddiem
    fasteddiem Posts: 212
    Options
    As a new guy...What's everyone taking about? Is there a chance the forum is going away? Who do I have to write to, to express my displeasure if that were to happen...New Egger very confused!
  • TRPIV
    TRPIV Posts: 278
    Options
    If the forum goes away, a new one can be started pretty easily. With social media sites like twitter and facebook it would be super simple to get the word out.

If "They" take their ball and go home, so what. It will be their loss.

If the site goes away, BGE will be doing a huge disservice to a loyal following and to what is basically free advertising and free technical help/support.

My suggestion is for someone to start a "EggHeadForum" group on facebook. If everyone joins that group, it will be simple to spread the word for the new site.

Companies really underestimate the power of the internet, social media, and bad press.

Carry on gang, this too shall pass.

Ted
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    I feel much the same. I'd really hate to see this forum end - I know that another would likely begin, but am afraid that we won't all end up on it. There are so many people who have encouraged me - I've had a few comments that I could have lived without - but haven't we all? I've got email addresses of a few - hope we can all stay in touch. :kiss:
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Might be out of the loop a little, but why in their right mind would they shut down the forum? When you have 25,370 registered members it kind of says something. Just imagine how many people would have looked else where if they didn't look over this very forum! Can't really say the Big Green Egg sales brochure that won me over. Don't really know how to say it more black and white. Don't fix what ain't broken!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    OK if you walk into a room with 100 people and you know about 10 of them and the other 90 are strangers to you. how are you going to react? I would say hi to everyone I passed by walking over to the people I know and talk with them. human nature.... after going to a few fests and seeing most of the same people and getting to know them and being on the forum for 8 years I know if I was walking into that room now I would know most of the people.. 8 years ago not a single person.. just like when we went to our first egg fest in Ocala, FL. I did not know a single person, but left with a bunch of friends. you tend to respond more to the people you know personally. why is that so hard to figure out??
    the clique thing is so.... :pinch:
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Because it's more than that, and it isn't all sweetness and light or the absence thereof.
  • PawpawEgg
    PawpawEgg Posts: 26
    Options
    I have learned that things come and things go. Change is inevitable and people generally don't accept it at first. I am looking forward to somewhere to learn more about my egg. I am not sure if I asked a question now if I would get anything but a sarcastic answer. People seem edgy!