Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fred's Music and BBQ

wkygriller
wkygriller Posts: 408
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I ordered a couple of things from Fred's music and BBQ for mom's boyfriend for fathers day (his kids will probably forget). Looks like he received them early. Very quick shipping and great customer service ;).

Here is otiscoronnie The latest family egghead!!

Thinkyou0051.jpg

Comments

• ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Sweet! I've been very impressed with the speed of shipping from Fred's place.

I have to mention that I'm intrigued by the little white dog in the photo. Is that a toy poodle? What a cutie!
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • wkygriller
    That's Sammy a.k.a "the duck herder" :laugh: He is a malteese (sp?). They got him about 3 or 4 years ago.
  • walrusegger
    walrusegger Posts: 314
    I've never ordered from Fred's, but if you're ever in the area, stop in to his store. Great selection of anything and everything for bbq and grilling Fred is happy to talk "que" as long as you like.

I'm not sure about other place around the country, but I haven't found a store like Fred's with so much stuff in one place...and a lot of it tailored for the BGE.

Here's a shot of my what I picked up at Fred's store when there a few months ago while I was in the area for the KCBS judging class. Everything from sauces I can't get around here, a replacement probe for my Maverick, new gasket, even some egg feet to lift the drip pan off the platesetter. I recommend a visit!

kcbs3.jpg
  • wkygriller
    I see that you bought the BH tenn red sauce. The local grocery here carries it, but I have never bought it because I am not a big fan of vinegar and was afraid it would be too strong. We do buy the bbq and love it on ribs. Fred has the best salmon seasoning I have ever eaten.
  • walrusegger
    walrusegger Posts: 314
    It's the best sauce out of the jar I've ever had (Fred's Secret Sauce is good too BTW), but I love vinegar. It's still a red based sauce with some great tanginess to it. Give it a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed. If I could buy it locally, I'd be in heaven!

I actually love the salmon seasoning on every other kind of fish and do I it with a little EVOO in the cast iron pan. Dizzy Pig's Raging River is still my favorite salmon seasoning.
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Fred's it an outstanding organization with a huge variety of necessary stuff. Great service and customer support. Don't hesitate to order from Fred's. Never had an issue with them. :)
  • Sundazes
    Sundazes Posts: 307
    I order from Freds quite a bit. Since i am in MD, i get the stuff the next day. great service and I have never had a problem. Besides, the name is just plain cool. Tell people you got the seasonings from Freds music and BBQ and watch the looks or enjoy the comments.... B)
  • Kew_el_steve
    Kew_el_steve Posts: 354
    Fred's is great. They do an outstanding job. B)