Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm gonna rib ya again. Can you take a ribbing??

Options
Char-Woody
Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is "THE" site for your rib information. Its one of my favorites and it should be everyone's. Courtesy of "The Rib Man" in Dennison, Iowa. Print it out for your reference book.
Enjoy...[p]BTW...this one clearly illustrates the area of the "country rib" cuts. I may have suggested wrongly in the past that they were from the butt area. Close but no cigar...Sorry!!
Char-Woody

[ul][li]The Rib Man..All ya ever wanted to know about pork ribs.[/ul]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    That is where coutry ribs are SUPPOSED to come from. From what I read in the Post article, country ribs are often cut from whatever the butcher feels like![p]Costco sells two different kinds...the lean loin choppy lookin kind, and the fatty butt lookin kind. Different labels, different prices (the leaner ones cost more). Both packages say Country Ribs. Yet obviously these are from different parts of the animal.[p]I figure they just wanna keep us guessin. What we as consumers need to do is ask if we can't tell by lookin at them. What Country Ribs are supposed to be, and actually are, are quite different....at least in this area. How about your area??[p]Thanks for the link again. It's a good one.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]"That is where coutry ribs are SUPPOSED to come from....country ribs are often cut from whatever the butcher feels like!"[p]I've read and heard the same thing NB. Another good reason to get a butcher that you like and trust and patronize their place ALOT. You're much more likely to get good TRUE cuts of meat from them than "Mr. Meat" at the local grocery store who is fresh out of "meat school" and being paid minimum wage. Along with a good electrician and plumber, its good to befriend a good butcher as well.[p]Thanks for the link CW, as always, right on the money.[p]Troy