Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Dealer in Austin, TX

FSM-Meatball
FSM-Meatball Posts: 215
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have convinced another friend to get an Egg, and he is is in Austin, TX. Any good dealer recommendations?

The BGE company should setup a referral system and give us some kickbacks for selling eggs. :)

Comments

• EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    My husband and I bought our XL at Barbecues Galore on Brodie Lane about 3 months ago. We didn't know much about BGEs except that many of his relatives in Georgia have them and were telling us how great they are. We did not find the people at this Barbecues Galore to be very helpful at all. It was a very negative experience. They seemed very disinterested in helping us. Also, the only BGE they have on display area L and XL. We went there because it is close to our house. The people at the Barbecues Galore near Lakeway are much more helpful and friendly. Our favorite dealer, where we just purchased our Medium from is BBQ Outfitters on Hwy 620. They have lots of sizes of BGEs on display and are very enthusiastic about the product. Even though BBQ Outfitters is very far from our home, we don't mind the drive to go to get better service, knowledge and enthusiasm.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • fdxegger
    fdxegger Posts: 69
    Try BBQ Outfitters on 620 at FM2222

www.bbqoutfitters.com

Good folks who sponsor the Texas Eggfest and provide great customer serveice
  • Austin Egger
    Austin Egger Posts: 256
    BarBQ outfitters is where I got mine, on HWY 620. They cook up every Saturday and hand out samples. They claim to be the biggest sellers of eggs in all of Texas. They also sponsor the local eggfest every year. They know eggs and I believe all of their employees have an egg. ;)
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    BBQ outfitters gets my vote. Nice people to work with and they know their products
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • mentsmin
    mentsmin Posts: 29
    ...another vote for BBQ Outfitters.
  • I would agree that BBQ Outfitters is a good choice. When you can get their attention, they are very helpful. They do seem distracted at times, as if you are bothering them by asking questions. They have the best selection.

Barbecues Galore in Bee Cave/Lakeway has less of a selection (e.g., no mini), but they really stand behind their store. I recently purchased an outdoor refrigerator from them and went in nearly a year later because it stopped cooling down to lower temperatures. Without missing a heartbeat, the pulled a brand new one from the back and pout it in my truck. No return of the old one. No further questions. I've emailed them pictures of cracked BGE fireplate and picked up a new one a week later - I didn't even buy it from them.

BBQ Outfitters +1 for selection
    Barbecues Galore +1 for service (ask for Matt)
  • aem
    aem Posts: 146
    BBQ Outfitters.

I never cared for Barbecues Galore when they had a shop near the arboretum.
  • 43moon
    43moon Posts: 15
    Barbecues Galore on Brodie fit my needs, but I knew exactly what I wanted, and it is close to my home. Had I known about BBQ Outfitters, I would have likely gone there instead. Barbecues Galore on Brodie seems to offer mostly their own store brand products now. They aren't even an emergency backup for my supply needs any more.
  • I find that Barbeques Galore on Brodie is always out of charcoal and most other egg products. Does anyone else have this problem
  • BBQ Outfitters is the bomb. I just got back. they covered my warranty no questions asked when my ring and box cracked and I bought my egg in WI. I have had 2 CI grates go bad after 1 cook and they just walk back over and grabbed me another new one today. I bought an egg for my FIL there a few months ago and they are just awesome service guys. Highly, Highly recommended from Centex. Good folks
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • BBQ Outfitters is the best.  Wonderful staff and owner. All pretty darn good cooks too (cook on saturday).  They know the product and if you have any problem they will make it right.  Have bought 3 eggs from them.  They also sponsor the Texas Fest at Lake Travis.    
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Another vote for BBQ Outfitters. The owner Bob puts on the Austin EggFest each year and a very nice guy.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.