Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

smart phone ?

Susan Egglaine
Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
edited November -1 in Off Topic
What do you like?
Why?
Which carrier do you like?
THANKS!!!!

Comments

• Boxerpapa
    Boxerpapa Posts: 989
    Glad you asked. I have the Droid X with Verizon and love it. so many applications and phone service is good. Do believe they were ranked number one with the most reliability.

I have never owned an iPhone, but heard great things about them. From my understanding, the advantage the Droid phones have over the iPhone is you can add extra memory and replace the battery on the Droid with out having a pro. do it like the iPhone. But heck, with all the memory these phones come stock with is more than plenty and by the time your battery can't hold a charge, it will be time for an upgrade.

With my Droid, I can pay bills with it, tether it to my laptop as a mobile hotspot (20.00 xtra/month),set my Dish Network to record a program on TV while I'm not home, check email, post pic's to the Egghead Forum, check my bank account, play games, watch TV programs...etc, but most important I can actually make a phone call.

I used to use Blackberry, but the operating system is so far behind Android and Apple. However, I do miss Blackberry for the push email. My wife has Blackberry and loves it, but she's an email junky and I'm an application junky.

Best thing to do is go check out some of the different phones such as Android and iPhone. Remember, in general, smart phone batteries do use more power to operate and you have to charge more often. I charge mine every night. As long as you have a car charger and home charger, you should be good. Smart phones, like any other gadget are always improving. Trying to get the "best" one is like chasing your shadow. Hopefully one of the iPhone users will come in and give their opinion. Good luck in finding the phone you choose and let us know which one you decide on. :)
  • Susan Egglaine
    Great info. THANKS! I guess you still have to use photo bucket or a similar site to upload?
  • Boxerpapa
    Boxerpapa Posts: 989
    Yes. There's a Photo Bucket application. Very simple to use. The phone automatically uploads you photos to PB. However, being the screen is small w/any smart phone, nothing beats a computer screen. Smart phones are handy when a computer is not available. Btw...im writing this post w/my DROID X.
  • ron4fish
    ron4fish Posts: 144
    I agree on the Android!! Love my Droid X. People I have talked to say the Androids are much better than the Iphone.
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Susan,

I just got the Droid 2 Global freekin' awesome!

Verizion is the carrier and pretty darned good to boot.

Boxerpapa said it all.
  • Susan Egglaine
    I got the droid charge with verison service. Thanks for everyones help ;)
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    have this too...love it as a former blackberry user...
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Susan,
    I have a Blackberry 9700 issued by my company and my personal phone is an iphone. Both are good phones, both have good reception and both are on the same carrier-ATT
    I give the edge to the iphone, because it seems to get better reception and the screen is much larger and clearer. Actually I find the the iphone to be an excellent computer that happens to do to phone calls as well. I use my iphone just like my computer and have many of the same apps on the phone as on the my apple computer.

The Blackberry is wonderful business phone, but the small screen is not conducive for internet or forums. OTOH the blackberry is wonderful for email.
    Key board on either is a PIA. Auto correct on the iphone is a pain
    Good luck with whichever you chooose.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx