Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FL EggFest Sausage Roll (2 pics)

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:[p]When I did the sausage roll at the FL EggFest a couple of weeks ago, it disappeared so fast I didn't get a chance to take any pictures, so when I did another one for Easter morning breakfast I made sure to get the pics this time.[p]this is right after turning it out of the bundt pan.[p]P3270016.jpg[p]And cutting a couple of slices to show the interior.[p]P3270018.jpg[p]The link is to the recipe.[p]Have a GREAT day!
Jay

[ul][li]Recipe[/ul]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Jay,
    That looks great. Will give that a try soon.
    Cheers, Bob

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    SSN686,[p]I come up to the wash this morning minding my own business. I log on to check on my BGE friends. You go and post the most delicious looking breakfast. The ole tummy starts rumbling. Looks like Little Debbie snack cakes instead.
    I'm picking up ingredeints today![p]Mike

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    SSN686,[p]Wow, that looks absolutely fantastic![p]Tonia
    :~)

• SSN686,
    Like the other comments, that just looks too good not to try to make myself![p]Thanks for the recipe. Gail

• Greendriver
    Greendriver Posts: 128
    Options
    SSN686, I think it's also a work of art. Beautiful.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    SSN686,
    would never of thought that i would ever need a bundt pan. i can see a nice scoop of gumbo sitting in the middle of that. where can you buy one of those pans where nobody is going to see ya

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    fishlessman,
    there were some great ladies at eggtoberfest this year (never did get their names) who made something similar using crescent rolls laid out in a circle, filled with a crawfish/cheese mixture, then baked on a pizza stone. ..the thing was unbelievable. ..i wish there was a recipe for it somewhere. ..[p]i'm sure you could do the one ssn686 made with out the bundt pan if you wanted to. . ."PG" did a sausage roll at eggfest last year just doing it on a pizza stone and it was also outstanding. ...here is a link to the waldorf recipe book....page's recipe is on page 12 .. ..

[ul][li]http://www.nakedwhiz.com/eggfest04.pdf[/ul]
  • SSN686
    Options
    Morning mad max beyond eggdome:[p]I have done this one or two times without using the bundt pan (directly on the pizza stone, on the platesetter with feet down), but have found they come out better using the pan. The last one I did without the pan, burnt the bottom before the dough in the middle finished baking.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    thanks for the link, i didnt have that one. will have to look around for something like mini bundt pans, i havent made a gumbo since leftovers after tday and i just see mini breakfast rolls stuffed with cheese and sausage filled to the top with gumbo. breakfast is definately the best meal of the day

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    SSN686,
    gotcha. ..i for one DO have a bundt pan, so i'll be giving this a try. . .that picture of yours with the thing sliced was absolutely fabulous. ..[p]thanks

• Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    SSN686,
    Do you just butt the ends together in the bundt pan? I see no seem. Looks great.
    Seth

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning Crab leg:[p]Yes, the ends are butted together in the pan such that you end up with one or two slices that are more bread than filling, but if you cut right at the joint it works out pretty good.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    SSN686,[p]Holy Crap! Got to try that.[p]TRex
  • ColaCooker
    Options
    SSN686,
    This one goes into the recipe book. Looks great!
    Tony

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    SSN686,
    After seeing this earlier today, I made a quick trip to the Winn Dixie for some esentials and am now in process of cooking one of these beauties right now. Thanks!

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!