Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Remote thermomoter

VanzoVanzo Posts: 125
edited 6:19AM in EggHead Forum
I need a new remote smoker thermometer.....what's the most popular on among eggers???

Thanks,
Van

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,838
    I think the Maverick ET-732. I have the older version (et-73) and I think I'm gonna upgrade.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• VanzoVanzo Posts: 125
    Does that thermometer have dual probes? I looked at it on Amazon.com and in the picture you only see 1 probe.

Thanks,
    Vanzo
    I also have the old ET73.....had it for years and its time to upgrade.

Vanzo
    Yes- It has a smoker probe and a meat probe like the ET-73. I fried the probes on my ET-73 recently so I think I'll use that as an excuse to upgrade! The probes are supposed to work up to 700 deg so maybe I won't fry them!

http://www.maverickhousewares.com/et732.htm

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• I have the ET-73 and like it for what it does. One day I'll make the serious upgrade to the Stoker.
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

The ET-732 is a great upgrade from the ET-73 with a lot of the previous problems corrected. The 732 can be found on the net for about $60 including s/h.

GG
    VANZO
    what's a Stoker?
    https://www.rocksbarbque.com/index.html

...automates the temperature control using a fan, similar to a BBQ Guru.