Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Egg is bleeding!!!

GirlyEgg
GirlyEgg Posts: 622
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I've been at 700 for two hours...I guess that gunk has to go somewhere...how do I clean it off? Magic Eraser?

IMAG0100.jpg

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    While it's still warm just some water and paper towels will work, I don't think a magic eraser would hurt but don't want to say go ahead as I haven't used one other then to clean walls and counters that my kid has written on ;) :laugh:
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    ibid what Scott said ;)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Is that a Large?

If so, doesn't look like the right nest, as most of the larges I've seen have the double legs.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Like others said but wipe it off while it's still warm, tough to get it off once it dries
  • GirlyEgg
    It's my medium...about 5 years old...
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    How do you operate the lower vent with the leg of the nest coming across it?
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • GirlyEgg
    I don't....moved egg...bolts were loose so egg shifted.... I'll fix before next cook...when i replace the gasket...
  • TNmike
    TNmike Posts: 643
    As others has said it is much easier while it is still warm. Now after it has cooled I have used Dawn Power Dissolver and let it soak a little, wipe down, and then rinse. It has worked well for me with no problems. Now this is for the OUTSIDE only. Well, I have used it on my cooking grids also and I'm still here. Wouldn't use it on the inside of the EGG though. Mike
  • How do you operate your lower vent with the leg of the stand in the way??
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Not to mention you will never be able to close the lower vent with it being behind the leg of the nest. or from the looks of that pic, you will never be able to open the screen...
  • GirlyEgg
    Both vent and screen move...but again, that just happened when i moved it the other day...nest bolts need tightened...after clean and new gasket on, I'll reposition to make vent clear the nest...
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    It's easy to overlook when putting a heavy egg back in the nest..