Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Royal Oak Lump in Tampa?

Hairless_Hand
Hairless_Hand Posts: 214
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The store that I was buying RO from does not carry it anymore. Where else can I find it in Tampa?

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Hey Hairless

Walmart is usually the best bet for R.O. If they do not have it you can call them at 678-461-3200, I believe that is in Roswell, GA. I have not had to use this number in a long time but last I new it was good. Ask for customer service and talk to them about where you can find their lump it in your area. Places like Lowe's, Home Depot and Ace Hardware stores will carry Cowboy lump charcoal which has a slight reputation of burning a bit faster then R.O. but in my opinion is almost as good. Also if you have time, check out some of your little Hispanic markets in the Tampa area. In a couple down here I have found some interesting charcoals. One is Viva Pancho Mesquite lump charcoal that I have posted about HERE . It has a slightly different flavor/smell that is fantastic for steaks among other things. Mesquite lump is nowhere as strong in flavor as mesquite smoke wood.

Welcome to da Forum and have a great Memorial Day,

Blair

• Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Restraint Depot, they just had it on sale last month and the Tampa store carries the USA.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Publix Supermarket's "Greenwise" brand is RO
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Bingo Frank, hope you and the Mrs are doing fine.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Thanks Mike, good to hear from you. I am getting ready to head for Cincinnati at the end of this week.
    Hopefully we can all get together sometime when we get back :)
  • Hairless_Hand
    Hairless_Hand Posts: 214
    Blair thanks for the info. I usually buy my charcoal at the new Walmart in South Tampa but they did not have any yesterday. No one seemed very concerned about the fact that they did not have it in stock either......... This is why I only shop there to buy two things, charcoal and Conecuh Sausage. By the way, in my travels today I found some RO at another Walmart location and I stocked up! Thanks again and Happy Memorial day to all!