Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

eggfest in texas

musicmanmusicman Posts: 8
edited 6:56PM in EggHead Forum
i was unable to make the athens eggfest does anyone know when there will be another fest around the dallas fort worth texas area?

Comments

• Austin EggerAustin Egger Posts: 256
    I know the Plano one will be coming up, but not sure what the date is or if it has definitely been set.
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,820
    Last year it was November 6th so I'm guessing it will still be in early Nov this year as well.
    Give a call to Elliot's Hardware in Plano(972-312-0700) and ask for Alec. He will let you know.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • BigjohnBigjohn Posts: 144
    You really missed a good one in Athens. We were told there would be one in Texarkana on October 1 but we have not seen an official listing. Plano is in November.
    Hope you can make one of them.
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,568
    Look who is hooked on eggfests :laugh: I knew it would not take long. You and Beverly are really going to like Plano. See ya there with fork in hand ;)
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Cooking next to The Popsicles sure worked!

Contact Hornhonk for Plano info....he may enlist your help B)
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    The Plano Fest,or Outlaw Gathering! is Nov.5.
    Judy, do I have to cook? It really is a lot less work just being a taster. I didn't even see what half of the cooks prepared. And yes, I believe Bev and I are hooked on the fests and the super people.
    You don't have to cook...but your sausages were great in Athens!
    DOW, I couldn't ask for anyone nicer than the Popsicles to be cooking next to. They are super organized and showed us what to do. I did have to keep Ann out of my cupcakes though.
    Steve, we will cook if there is room for us. I understand that room is tight and we might just have to stay in the bar.
    Not to worry...I'll let you have my spot to cook and I'll be the taster ;)
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
    Steve, I think you need to just call it the Plano Eggfest because most of the Outlaws have vammoosed :laugh:
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
    Ok, Judy. Eggfest it shall be. :)
    We have plenty of room to expand . We just started small. But we'll all probably spend a lot of time in the bar ;) :woohoo:

100_0890.jpg

100_0895-1.jpg
  • kolbdriverkolbdriver Posts: 403
    Sign us up Steve... You need to make Texarkana if it happens..

If it happens, we plan on being there. And we hope it happens!
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 10,247
    Thanks. I never was big on the "Outlaws" name anyway.

Spring "November Is Now Booked Solid" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • TweetyTweety Posts: 455
    Does anyone remember who was saying there would be a Texarkana fest?

Athens was a blast, hope to get pictures up this weekend. Looking forward to Plano and hopefully Texarkana!
  • musicmanmusicman Posts: 8
    thank all of you for the replies i hope to see you at the next fest
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 10,247
    Hi Tweety.

It was Bob Lyndon, Store Manager, at Dot's Ace Hardware in Texarkana.

I'm not sure he know what all is involved in setting up an Eggfest but if he pulls it off we will probably be there.

I know he was all Eggcited about having one.

Spring "Still Recovering From Athens" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • The 1st annual TEggsARKANA EggFest will be in Texarkana on October 1, 2011. Dot's Ace Hardware is hosting it. We should have the website up and running by the end of the week. As soon as it's ready we will get it posted here.