Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Back in the saddle

Doug in Eggmonton
Doug in Eggmonton Posts: 1,999
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A little crazy around here lately. First the shut egging down with a total fire ban, that somehow excludes gas bbqs WTF, like the egg is any more dangerous than a gasser...

Anyway woke up Friday night with fairly significant stomach pains. Went to the medicenter Sat they put me on a liquid diet and took my blood etc. Asked me to come back Monday. Spent two days in pain, unable to eat. Went back on Monday nothing significant in the tests, but still in pain, so they sent me to the emergency ward. 20 hours in the ER while 7+ doctors tried to figure out what was going wrong. Looks like appendix but it doesn't (no fever, no raised white blood count), looks like gall stones but it doesn't, looks like inflamed bowel but it doesn't. Finally from the CT they think maybe it's early atypical appendicitis, we'll do an investigating laparoscopy and fix whatever we find is wrong.

When I woke up from surgery the nurse told me that they had found a hernia while we were in there and fixed it. So for a day I thought that's what it was, I was clearly better. When I saw the Dr. yesterday morning he said nope it was appendicitis so we removed it. Apparently the nurse had the charts confused.

The good news is while I was in the hospital, they lifted the fire ban, and the all a have left over from the surgery is three small holes in my belly. So I'm home for a few days, a little tender, but doing fine.

The thawing some "Round Roast" for Pit beef tonight. Any thoughts on which Round Roast (top, eye, bottom???) this is?

PitBeef.jpg

Alls well that ends well.

Doug

Comments