Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beer Butt Chicken ala Nature Boy

Options
GrillMeister
GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ahh, it's good to be back in town for a nice length of egging time.[p]I'm starting tonight off with a beer butt chicken rubbed down with olive oil and Dizzy Pig's Tsunami Spin and sittin it on beer & garlic.[p]The chicken is sitting on one of those new Poultry Pals and we have two to give away at the Texas Eggfest. So far, it's much easier to use than a beer can holder.[p]I'll let ya'll know how it works out when I'm done.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
Austin, TX

Cheers,

GrillMeister
Austin, Texas

Comments

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Well, that worked out great. For sure a better and easier way to do beer butt chicken. If nothing else, it's sure is alot more stable, easier to put on and take off, and you get to collect the drippings if you want. Mama was impressed and that Tsunami Spin is just awsome![p]
    [p]ppal1.jpg
    Here's the bottom of the poultry pal. A whole bottle of beer and a bunch of garlic.

[p]ppal2.jpg
    Here it is, dusted with olive oil and Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin.

[p]ppal3.jpg
    I put it on the egg direct at 450 degrees.

[p]ppal4.jpg
    Here it is after 45 minutes, I then dropped it down to 350 degrees. Notice the steam.

[p]ppal5.jpg
    Here it is after a total of 75 minutes. The skin is nice and crispy.

[p]
    ppal6.jpg
    Here you can see the Poultry Pal separated so I could get to the drippings.

ppal7.jpg
    Hmmmm Good!!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Eggecutioner
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]Where is that one from? Looks like a better mouse trap, maybe...[p]Joe
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    eggecutioner,[p]I got it from Poultry Pal. They volunteered a couple of them for door prizes for the Texas Eggfest. I'll have this one there for folks to use as it can whip up a chicken in no time at 450 degrees and it was still moist while the skin was crispy and crunchy.[p]I've tried other contraptions, but they seem a bit unwieldy and they get my gloves full of chicken (or my chicken full of gloves).
    [ul][li]Poultry Pal[/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy Ed....that does look nice. Next time I see you we are gonna sit down and I will show you how to put rub on in a slightly more even fashion....all over the bird. ;~)[p]Glad you are enjoying the rub! It sure looks tasty, though a tad blotchy colorwise. We'll get you set straight though!!![p]Thank you
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Yeah, I could use some help there. Blotchy, but GOOOD![p]Beers to ya Spice Man!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
    1044 Posts: 93
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    That there looks like a tasty bird for sure. It doesn't even bother me that in the 3rd and 4th pics, he looks like he's on bended knee, axing for mercy. :-)

• GrillMeister, That chicken looks great !!! Peace...