Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Photo hosting site

Options
Photo Egg
Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know many use photobucket.com and this is the site I use.
It's kind of a pain at times.
What other sites are you using and how do you like them compared to PB if used in the past.
Thank you.
Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Options
    Darian, I use shutterfly....Picasa for editing. However, my understanding is that the site cannot link with either of those, hence I use PB for my food pics and posts.
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    I've had a smugmug account for several years. I went the photobucket route when I learned how to post pics, but got caught up with a virus from it. So I worked to figure out if my smugmug ($35.00/year) could do what photobucket could, and it does. The downside is that it isn't free, the upside is, I've never had to worry about a virus, and its a great site. I use it to share my photography and have had several friends and family order prints with great results.
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Options
    I use IMGUR, and find it pretty easy to use. Best of all, it's free!
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • boston_stoker
    boston_stoker Posts: 794
    Options
    P3140836.jpg

Try this...

imgur.com is a great alternative to PhotoBucket. I think it is much faster and easier to use as well. Since PhotoBucket changed their website design and the previous post that showed PhotoBucket directions with pictures is now a little less valid, I thought I would post new directions for a new website. Hopefully, they are easy to understand. The website is extremely simple.

If you just want to be able to easily share pictures, you don't have to create an account. An account let's you use more advanced features like albums etc., and it also allows you to easily keep track of where your pictures are. I do not use an account because I do not plan to reference these pictures again after I have posted them. I use this strictly to post to message boards etc.

If you want an iPhone app for imgur, there is one just do a search in the app store.

The directions I have posted below are for the no account option, but they are still valid if you decide to create an account. I just don't discuss creating one and how to sign in. The directions are in red below.

Step1

12yGE.jpg

Step 2

3gfWf.jpg

Step 3

dgKkr.jpg

Step 4 - just wait for this to complete

fc5HO.jpg

Step 5 - once uploaded this is what you will see

A1TcM.jpg

Step 6 - this is optional

X4M1W.jpg

Step 7

wY1tM.jpg

Step 8

wwftB.jpg

Note, you can change the size of your images by editing the tag or link. Normally the tag would start with IMG, but so you can read it I had to add the red P. I normally make the size equal to "499" (the number in blue). You can set it from 10 to 999. If your pictures look small, try increasing the size.

[imPg size=499]http://i.imgur.com/12yGE.jpg[/img]

Remember, instead of typing imPg like I have below you want to instead type img (i.e. without out the capital red P).
  • srq2625
    srq2625 Posts: 262
    Options
    I also use SmugMug - have had my account for about 4 years. It's not free. It doesn't provide editing tools. It's "just" a photo hosting site. But it does that very, very well. I've never been anything but extremely happy with them!

P.S. - realizing that the above sounds like a phanboi gone wild, I must say that my only affiliation with SmugMug is as a customer/client.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Thank you very much for taking the time to post all this information.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Staci,
    This might be the way we need to go as well.
    Thank you very much.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas