Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Honey on my Butt!

Options
Bubba's dad
Bubba's dad Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone ever put honey on their butt while it is cooking?

I was thinking about rubbing it like I normally do and then maybe part way through the cook brush some honey on it?

What do you think?

Comments

• Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Bubba's dad wrote:
    Does anyone ever put honey on their butt while it is cooking?

I was thinking about rubbing it like I normally do and then maybe part way through the cook brush some honey on it?

What do you think?

Sounds kinky..... :evil:
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    A butt rub is a butt rub :ohmy: :whistle:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    maybe put the honey on when you pull and set in cooler for an hour or so. Just not sure how the honey would aborb the smoke on the back end of the cook. can always to a small part of the butt for a test section. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Amongst other things.....
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :evil:
    My first thought, too :whistle:
    Butt would take a nibble :woohoo:
  • boston_stoker
    boston_stoker Posts: 794
    Options
    I put honey on instead of sugar. It will definitely give you a dark bark. It doesn't burn up, it just sucks up the smoke. I plan to add it later on my next cook instead of at the beginning to see if I can get the butt to come out more red or brown (the color of my rub).

Note, although my butts have been very black, they were all quite delicious, including the bark.