Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

riblets

Options
golffer
golffer Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Local (chain) resturant named Applebys has a dish called "Riblets". Can anyone tell me where this cut comes from? Thanks

Comments

• BoroBGE
    BoroBGE Posts: 30
    Options
    Top portion of a baby back rib from my understanding.
  • Brew'nQue
    Brew'nQue Posts: 44
    Options
    They're technically called 'Button Ribs'...Applebee's came up with the term 'riblets' and they pretty much own the market on them now.
    ...from the sides of hog's spine behind the rearmost rib. There are no ribs on the hog there, just little nubs, or "buttons" attached to the backbone. Applebee's restaurants calls this cut riblets, but they are not what had been called riblets by butchers in the past. Because Applebee's has made them so popular, they can occasionally be found in stores under the name riblets.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    FWIW, there was a Jamaican restaurant I used to visit. They only used button ribs. It was the least meat on a rib I had ever had, but they managed to get what there was both crisp and succulent at the same time. Between that and their incredible flavor, I was generally pleased, even though left want lots more.