Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Athens: What are ya'll cookin?

Tweety
Tweety Posts: 455
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Clay and I are still trying to decide what to cook...something different or what we've done before.

We're so eggcited and hope the weather is as beautiful next weekend as it is today!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    We're still working on it too. Just had a bloody mary to help me think.

Got some ribs on now. If they turn out like the last ones, we may do ribs. Otherwise, it could be anything.

Spring "Anything Is Better'n Nothing" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    One thing for sure is the shrimp burgers. Don't know if it will be for during the day or the after-party.

Also thinking of peach cobbler since Bottomless Pit took my stash :laugh:

Also looking at some Turkey Cranberry Meatballs. I've never done them before but I might take a chance.

I'm with you on this weather - it's fantastic!

We are told they will have about 70 eggs to cook on so don't cramp your style ;)
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Tweety
    Sounds like you and the Chicken are well on your way. All of that sounds great. We're debating on making our chili during the day, not sure what's for breakfast.

No ideas for after party yet either. We need to get busy!
  • Bigjohn
    Bigjohn Posts: 144
    Since this is my first try at an Eggfest I change my mind every day. Did some practicing yesterday and was not really pleased with the results. I know I will make some muffins and probably something with sausages. But.... I might make a stuffed tenderloin or a soup. Now that I've got that narrowed down, do you have any suggestions? It seems like we are getting a late start lighting the eggs and will probably not have time to do more than a couple of things. That is probably one to many for me though.
  • doing a 6lb prime rib roast!!
  • doing a 6lb prime rib roast!!
  • Tweety
    I'd cook what you like the best. And we've learned that the more prep you can do at home, the easier it is when you get there. I think I'm doing something with grilled veggies, so I'll have them washed, cut, seasoned and in bags before we head to Athens. That way we just throw them on the grill when it's time to cook.

Can't wait to see you both and try your cooking!
  • Tweety
    Wow, I don't think I've tried that at a fest before. Looking forward to it!

Where are you from Big Red?
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    We'll be doing Cluck and Squeal drumettes, maybe some avocados ,maybe some pp, who knows? I'll be bringing some wagyu dogs for the after party, for sure! :P I smoked some string cheese with apple wood chips and have plenty of the dogs on hand, ready to go! Slowly but surely, I'm getting my stuff together for the fest. :)

100_0722.jpg

100_0727.jpg
  • Tweety
    Yippie! I can't wait to try those hotdogs.

Do you grill avacados? I've never seen that done.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    more of this! :woohoo: :woohoo:

AppliePie2011c.jpg
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • hornhonk
    Yes,they are great grilled. Someone posted the recipe a while back. :)
  • Doing a skillet egg dish like this:

egg001.jpg

Looking forward to seeing everyone. This will only be my second time to cook at a fest. I cooked in Plano last November but not much as it was my first time. I guess you guys know me as goofey Hornhonks sister,but please dont hold that against me!!

"One of us got the looks,and one of us got the brains,but I have no idea what he got!!!
  • hornhonk
    I got the retirement! :whistle:
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Ooooh! Plz save me a bite and a print out of the recipe! Thx B)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap