Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Chance for corn help!

Kyle
Kyle Posts: 156
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have 2 more hours to go on my Ribs doing indirect and direct as per Tims cooking recipe.Whats best temp and procedure for corn on the cob.
I know someone out there knows please help. or I'll be forced to boil instead.

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    S10_30_9918_30_02.jpg
    <p />Kyle, try it, you might like it![p]1) The ear of corn, with husk on was carefully opened and all of the silk was removed. [p]2) I tied the end with string and soaked it in cold water for 20 minutes. [p]3) Squeezing out the excess water. [p]4) With a BGE dome temp at 250-300 (indirect) cook for 35 minutes[p]
    [ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Kyle, If you haven't done so..strip the husks back to reveal the silks..brush or hand pick em as clean as ya can, then pull the husks back over, butter/or olive oil em first if you desire..pull husks over. and grill em either in foil or direct. I like em in foil as they cook faster and retain the moisture. Hard to go wrong with em..your rib temp is fine as they only need about a hour or so on the grill. Take one out after a hour and test it. If not ready, rewrap and stick it back in again. Keep the dome shut as much as possible..Chowser..
    C~W[p]

• Char-Woody
    If you don't want the husks on, just clean em, butter em, and wrap in foil and cook...easy to do..delicious.
  • Char-Woody
    Gfw, those pics speak loudly...good post!! I can smell the corn from here!

• Gfw
    Char-Woody, thanks. Actually I have had such a great time with my BGE and my digital camera that I have pics of just about everything that I have cooked. When I saw the post, I merely used my site's search engine with the word 'corn' and up popped a link to the recipe. [p]Yesterday I added a search to allrecipes.com from my recipe page. Amazing what it finds. I typed in 'BBQ corn' and got the following which I plan to try next time...
    Ingredients: [p]10 ears fresh corn on the cob
    1 quart inexpensive beer
    bagged ice to cover[p]Directions:
    1 Place corn in an ice chest; remember to leave the husks on the ears. Pour beer over top. Cover with bagged ice. Set aside overnight.

2 Preheat smoker to 250 degrees F ( 120 degrees C). [p]3 Place corn on racks, and stack racks in smoker. Cook for 1 to 2 hours, turning every 20 minutes or so. Kernels should give easily under pressure when done. [p]Sounds interesting. Anyway, have a great evening!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ Search Page[/ul]
  • Kyle
    Gfw,
    Thanks , Thanks, Thanks I knew you guys would pull me out of my hole. let you know how it goes. Getting real hungry.
    off to cook I go.
    you guys are the best.

• Kyle
    Thanks again to all of you. Tim , loved the ribs great recipe, GFW thanks for the corn tip came out great. Even my daughter enjoyed the meal, not normally a meat eater. will need to cook more ribs next time this batch went too fast.
    Love my BGE.

• Gfw
    kyle, I make baby back almost every week. Just remember what I've said before...[p]The best ribs are the ones you just made, the very best are the ones that you'll make next time. [p]Experiment - try different sauces and rubs. Life is GOOD!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]