Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any Eggers within 200 miles of Lubbock, TX?

Options
Rafter R
Rafter R Posts: 120
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Trying to figure out how many, if any of us are in and near Lubbock. Would love to set up a small gathering and maybe throw an Eggfest. (NO post minimum required to attend :P )

Roll Call open ....

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    While you're intents are most likely sincere your comment " NO post minimum required to attend " is an insult to those that have been around long enough to understand why that quote is appropriate in many cases....certainly not the best way to go about initiating a gathering of friends....
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    C'mon Wess, that was funny about the post minimum. He even used the smiley face and everything. Besides, you never did tell the guy if you live near Lubbock.
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    Lubbock is a bit far from Alabama. Good Luck getting a group together, you will have a good time even if it just over lunch. It is all about good frood and good friends :P
  • Rafter R
    Options
    Apologies to WessB and any other experienced eggers who are offended by my minimum post remark. It was made w/ a jovial intent. I want to get together with some eggers, plain and simple.

Egg On!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I personally would like to know one instance where it is appropriate to think a person should be excluded from attending a gathering because they haven't posted enough messages to this board.

Are you saying that if a person hasn't posted enough then they shouldn't be allowed to attend an eggfest? There are a lot of attendees at the fests that don't even know this forum exists, and a lot of attendees that lurk but rarely if ever type a single message. Are they not good enough people to spend time with those of us that spend way too much time typing in this little box?
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    That is in NO way what I said, meant, or implied.....sorry you misunderstood.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    And I apologize for misunderstanding. I guess I completely misread your post.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    ...and the Egghead Forum continues to Circle the Drain!
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Hi DogFish,

Live in SE NM and met some EGGeads from just the other side of the Texas border (Hobbs) at the Salado Gathering....

Hope you will consider coming to Athens at the end of this month -- the last "Official" and "Unofficial" Egghead gathering planned in TEXAS until Plano in November....

Could probably use a closer spot to convene during this long and very dry upcoming summer season. :whistle:
    I've heard that Lubbock is a "dry" area, meaning most of us would have to "bootleg" some adult beverage into the county :evil: . Please set me straight on this :blush:

TEXAS Eggheads have been know to travel great distances for fun -- and most could use the eggsperience of heading thru some barren wasteland just to appreciate how the other half of the State lives :ohmy: :woohoo:
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    Don't sweat it. I don't think anyone took it that way. Apparently I haven't been around long enough to get it either :P
  • Rafter R
    Options
    DOW:

Good to meet you, I'll keep you posted on what I get figured out. Let me know who the other folks you know in TX are and we'll bring them into the loop as well.

AHhhh ATHENS!! It sounds like an absolute awesome event. I wanted to go so bad, however, we have little league baseball that friday and saturday. So I can not go. I will be that way the following weekend- my father in law got the wife tickets to the Lynard Skynard and ZZ Top concert in Shreveport.

Lubbock is wet now...voted wet a couple of years ago so you can purchase in the city limits now.

we may start a small gathering and then grow into an actualeggfest. The dealers have been unresponsive to my calls.

WTX is dry enough to keep the riff raff out! That's why I love it. LOL
  • Tweety
    Tweety Posts: 455
    Options
    We live in the DFW area, and there are alot of eggheads in this area. Keep trying, we're always in the mood for a fest.

Mickey did the same thing last year, wanted a small gathering of friends and his Salado event in March was a huge success!

You know us Texans love our BBQ especially when cooked on the BGE. Hope you're successful! As big as our state is, we need more fests and as of now, there isn't one in the west.