Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It is alive....

Mosca
Mosca Posts: 456
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The Egg. It is alive. The fire burns within, there is no stopping it now.

About 3 years ago I started thinking about the Egg. I almost bought one then (I should have), but the gas grill was still hanging on, and I'd paid a pretty penny for that serious stainless, y'know. It looked really good, too. What's that they say? "If looks could cook...." Or something like that.

Cut to 2011. The fancy stainless steel grill is in the dumpster, the insides rusted away and I didn't want to rebuild them AGAIN. On the deck, temporarily sitting on a paving stone, is my new Large Egg!

Did I use it yet? No, tomorrow is the day. At my other food forum (I'm Mosca at Roadfood), I took a poll and my first cook is going to be spatchcocked chicken. I've cooked chicken, of course, but I've never spatchcocked one. Seriously, though, for all I've learned about these things and steaks I'm really thinking ribeyes. The heck with the poll, we're the people eating.

Anyhows, I'm happy to join the family.

Comments