Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butts Again? Results Of Almost Screwed Up Low & Slow

JimboBQ
JimboBQ Posts: 197
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
2ButtsPulled.jpg
<p />Even though the 13.8 lbs of butts cooked really fast, about 11.5 hours, they turned out OK. The one pictured on the left was on the bottom. So, it didn't see the heat that the one on the right did. It was on top. The top butt pulled bery easily, fat had all melted and you just had to rake it off. The bottom butt, or the one on the left, still had "membranes" of fat left in the fiberous muscle tissue and for the most part, I could peal it out sort of like skinning the membrane off the back of ribs. You can see also that it pulled differently,,,not as much small stuff. I dusted the finished pulled pork with good old Dizzy Dust and I'll be serving this up to Ma N Law around 6:00pm.[p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...

Comments

• BobbyG
    BobbyG Posts: 67
    JimboBQ,[p]Ma N Law like to eat ? 13lbs ?? Just kidding you can never make too much pulled pork![p]Yes, this egging thing is a cross between art and science.[p]Looks like all ended up well,
    BobbyG

• JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    BobbyG,
    Yep! She may not be ale to eat that much, but she never turns us down,,,especially when the Egg is involved....[p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...