Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Would You Do???????????????

eenie meenie
eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pretend you just finished egging 100 chicken wings for your niece's graduation party. You meticulously cut off the tips then cutting the wing into two pieces and applied Carnivore rub, Tsunami Spin, and Swamp Venon and egged the wings in two batches. When the second batch was done, you brought the tray from the fridge with the 1st batch, then add the second batch off the egg. Then, like a good egger, you cleaned off your grate. While cleaning the grate, you placed the loaded tray of wings on a table next to the egg.

This is where the dilemma arises. After cleaning the grate, you turn around and notice your sister's puppy dog, Coco (whom you are dogsitting) has a chicken wing in her mouth.

The culprit:
IMG_6689.jpg

The pilfered wing:
IMG_6711.jpg

Sleeping dog:
IMG_6654.jpg

What would you do?

a. Go to the party, serve the wings, but don't eat any yourself.

b. Spend 4 hours or more preparing more wings.

c. Make a hot dog out of Coco.....and serve.

1. a only
2. b only
3. c only
4. a and c
5. b and c
6. none of the above

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    6. Serve and eat the wings.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751

I'd Get some tequila or any spirits you have around, & flambé all the wings...better to have them drunk than sick.... :laugh:
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I was so afraid the puppy had knocked the entire tray to the ground!

I'd serve the wings, eat a few, and de-bone one for the cute pooch.

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    This.

And don't you DARE hurt Coco!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    #4.What they don't know won't hurt em. :evil: ;)
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    I'm gonna choose "6". I couldn't do much else other than hug the dog. That's a cute animal.......wing thieving or not!!
  • Rafter R
    Rafter R Posts: 120
    4. but a dog is goin' do what a dog does best ... eat good food!
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    6. And show everyone at the party the survey when the wings are gone. :laugh:
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    What a puppy is a puppy does. Rinse the wing, throw it back on the grill, pull it off and eat it. ;)

At the party when all the wings are gone tell everyone that the pup licked the wings while your back was turned. :laugh:

Coco looks like a very nice pup. ;)
    I still chuckle from the video , animal cruelty.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Feed the kids and feed the dog and eat something yourself. One last thing you are a very nice Aunt so take a well deserved break. ;)
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Spatchcock the dog, and serve him with the wings :evil:
    Brian
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    put back on egg high temp for minute each side to clean or douse in 180 proof etoh then put on grill. Tell everyone what happened and let them make their own decision. He could not have gotten all of them. :laugh:
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • FSM-Meatball
    FSM-Meatball Posts: 215
    6. Serve and eat the wings. Let the dog have her share.
    A little dog spit never hurt anyone.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Not sure why I even responded because you know what I would do, Also throw another batch of boneless on for that poor starving puppy that has to resort to stealing to fend off the hunger pains ;) Next time give him a few more minutes :laugh:
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Rebecca, we had a big hound that believed any food left unattended was legally his. One evening my mother got up from the table to get something and forgot to push back her plate. The dog saw the opening and went for it, unfortunately there were two jalapenos on mother's plate. I didn't know dogs could shed real tears. He ate a whole bowl of jello and still whimpered, but he never took food off the table again.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Did he lick them all or just snag a few from the perimeter?
    If he licked them all, then you have 4 more hours of work!
    If he just snagged a few on the edge, then take them and eat some with the others!
    If Coco is the neice's dog, then you have probably had dog spit on your food over there already :whistle:
  • My dog ate the fresh jalapenoes from the bushes whe she was a pup!
    Didn't phase her one bit :laugh:
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    I'm betting you spent 4 more hours on wings, and I might have as well....but Clay has an excellent suggestion. Heck - wash 'em off - egg 'em, and enjoy. Coco is precious...just hungry, and they smelled so good..... :ohmy:
  • Smut-butt
    Smut-butt Posts: 142
    I'd fix a wild turkey and coke and stay home. Smoke myself some more wings and share with the puppy; they are only here for a few short years. Dogs are faithful companions, the first to greet you when you come home.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    6! Hysterical Thread!!!! :laugh: First, I would have let Coco eat her stolen wing...and she was likely VERY selective, and took one wing she wanted. ;) As for the rest, it will be taken care of in the re-heat! :laugh: :whistle: (And no...I am not using Serv-Safe standards here...but what's a bit of dog drool at a picnic...I mean, really??? :whistle: ) ReHeat to 165* please!? :laugh: What did Sergeant Schultz say?? "I see nuth-ink, I hear nuth-ink!!!" :laugh: And no...I never said this! It was just Stike or Little Steven using my handle! :evil: :whistle:
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    my old dog root drooled into a bucket of raspberry wort that was going into the fermenter for a stout beer, i named it raspberry dog drool stout :laugh: those would be coco wings
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Now that's funny! I would serve the wings, kiss her face for having such good taste, and put a pillow under her head - she looks a little uncomfortable! :lol: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Immediatel drop to all fours and bite that wing out of the pup's mouth........that might teach it a lesson!
    ;);)
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    I'm positive she only touched the one wing that was in her mouth. So I would have served the wings, definitely.

Cooked bones are not good for dogs, but you could have given her a raw one with no problems. Or pulled the meat off a cooked one (or two).

Cute puppy, and what a good dog for only touching the one wing and not licking the others!
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    :laugh: He is too cute Rebecca
    I hope everyone was able to enjoy your wings :)

Shane
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    ha ha big time dog lover here! my dog licks my ice cream cone so you can guess where my vote lays :whistle: but to serve others I would throw back on for a nice sear and baste again and plate those suckers!
    my very best memory of my Nana when I was a little girl was helping her fix thanksgiving dinner one year and she had a huge goose she had just finished plucking and cleaning and it was sitting on the kitchen counter. she cooked on a old wood stove and was getting it set to go and we heard a huge thump! her big tom cat had jumped up on the counter and pulled that bird down and was gnawing on the wing!! :woohoo: Nana scoop that thing up so fast and into the sink and said "that did not just happen" and I knew I never saw a thing :whistle: still makes me laugh. Nana could not have said Poop if she had a mouth full of it and her biggest swear word was "oh thunder" but that day I bet in her mind it might have been a bit stronger LOL
  • James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    Serve the wings, eat some yourself - oh and that one that was in her mouth - that's your cooks treat to eat right now.
    I'm sure we've all had worse!