Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nantucket Rub

Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My older brother just returned from a vacation in Nantucket and gave me a gift of Nantucket Rub. It's supposed to be really good on seafood and even chicken. The ingredients are garlic, onion, dill, tarragon, pink peppercorns, lemon peel, paprika, and black pepper. I'm not too experienced in cooking the fishies. Think it will be good on salmon?[p]Cornfed

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Cornfed,
    Sounds like it would be great on salmon. [p]One possibility is to mix in some brown sugar and do a mustard slather (optional, but I love it), apply the rub, and grill direct at 375-400 maybe 6 minutes a side until a nice crust forms. Medium rare with a nice crust is perfect for salmon. Though many like it low smoked. Just a thought.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Nature Boy,[p]Sounds good. Thanks for the tips. I had dinner at a nice Vietnamese restaurant on the upper east side of Manhattan last night. I had a dish called Saigon Chicken which was basically some ginger seasoned chicken with boatloads of scallions. My brother had lemongrass grilled chicken. We had a bunch of neat appetizers and a whole lotta fish sauce.[p]Dunno if I liked any of it as much as your insanity temp squid, but it was all very good![p]Cornfed
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Cornfed,
    Good Vietnamese food is hard to top!
    Good luck on the fish.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ