Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large Egg Only

BOWHUNR
BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What are your dealers charging for the large egg only (no shelves or nest)? My dealer quoted me $799.00 is that about right? Been a while since I bought my last large.

Mike
Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE

Comments

• Austin Egger
    Austin Egger Posts: 256
    My local dealer is charging $799 as well.
  • FrankC
    FrankC Posts: 416
    Hey Mike, have you tried Builder's Supply? They just picked up the line about a year or so ago. My original dealer gave up the line about the same time that Builder's picked it up.

fc
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    $810 here in Marysville, KS, BUT that is for the whole ball of wax. . . nest, mates, ash tool & grid lifter and other stuff.

785-562-1200
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    That's about it in my neck of the woods.
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    Unfortunately, your cost is going to be limited to what your dealer(s) quote you. There are only 5-6 within driving range of me, and apparently they have all decided that they are all more than what you were quoted.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    In the GWN (Toronto) it's CAD $1099 + 13% taxes, and today's exchange rate is CAD $1 = US $1.05 :angry:
    canuckland
  • Shipping from Georgia will account for some of that sh&&&*t but we do pay ridiculous amounts extra. I may pick up my small at the Montana fest when I'm down there save 30 or 40%.

Doug
  • loco_engr
    Doug:

Plz take plenty of pics.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    But we have universal health care. Really sh!tty health care but it is universal B)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Thanks everyone. I didn't even know Builders Supply sold them Frank. Thanks for the tip.

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • loco_engr
    Mike:

Last year I asked the price of just the LBGE and I think I was quoted $625. You'd have to figure in the price increase to get a rough idea.

HTH
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • jerryp
    jerryp Posts: 232
    I bought mine for 649.00. It was on sale, though. Penn Dutch furniture in Shrewsbury, PA. They even order accesories they may not have in stock. For the large, the plate setter, and the nest, i was out the door for 849.00 including tax.
  • Jerzee
    Jerzee Posts: 84
    When I was searching for a new large about 2 months ago, $799.00 was the price all but one of the stores quoted. The odd store out quoted $649.00

I asked how he could sell so low and he said he would rather have a low profit margin and move a ton of eggs than the alternative.

If you're in the tri-state area I'd be happy to point you to the dealer.
  • I bought my large 8 months ago and thats an accurate price
  • BarManBean
    BarManBean Posts: 129
    Believe it or not there is an auto parts store near me that is also a BGE dealer. They gave me a price of $640 for the large. Haven't bought yet, but will be calling tomorrow to make sure that it comes with all of the normal pieces, as the price seems really low...eggcessories seem pretty fair too...$55 for a plate setter, $12/$13 for ash tool and grill gripper.