Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oklahoma City burn ban lifted

Options
ibanda
ibanda Posts: 553
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We have had some rain the last few days. The outdoor burn ban for Oklahoma City (including all outdoor grilling) has been lifted! The burn ban had been cramping my style! Not being able to egg has not been fun. I think I'm going to TRex a steak to celebrate! :P

http://www.koco.com/news/27688944/detail.html
"Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.

Comments

• RVH
    RVH Posts: 523
    Options
    I fired mine up last Sunday, while it was raining. It had been so long I didn't remember how to light it :blush:
  • ibanda
    Options
    Thanks to eggfest and having the fire department on site, I can at least remember what egged food tastes like.

Since I haven't been able to cook I ordered Papa John's pizza a couple of days ago. An hour and forty minutes later when they showed up, I had to tell them too late, I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich and I was going to bed. I realized it had been a long time since I had called them and why I stopped calling them. I am looking forward to cooking again!
  • Booking It
    Options
    You haven't been able to grill/smoke since the middle of February??? That's crazy! We've had nothing but rain and snow in Chicago... we were actually under a flood watch last night. Here's to hoping that the rain keeps up down there for you! (happy rain... not the tornado/hail kind).
  • RVH
    RVH Posts: 523
    Options
    Booking It wrote:
    You haven't been able to grill/smoke since the middle of February??? That's crazy! We've had nothing but rain and snow in Chicago... we were actually under a flood watch last night. Here's to hoping that the rain keeps up down there for you! (happy rain... not the tornado/hail kind).

Thanks. The down side to all this rain is that now parts of the state are flooding. Last week the interstates/turnpikes were being closed in areas because of sweeping fires....you gotta love this state!
  • smokingranny
    Options
    :woohoo: We just purchased our egg at the OKC Egg Fest and couldn't use it until yesterday when the burn ban was lifted. We have been cooking up a storm ever since. Have used one bag of lump and one bottle of gel lighter. We are cooking fools!
  • ibanda
    Options
    smokingranny wrote:
    :woohoo: We just purchased our egg at the OKC Egg Fest and couldn't use it until yesterday when the burn ban was lifted. We have been cooking up a storm ever since. Have used one bag of lump and one bottle of gel lighter. We are cooking fools!

Way to burn that charcoal!!
  • skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    Options
    Not that you would want to test it legally, but is a BGE a fire risk even in a drought? It seems to burn so clean without producing any embers. I would go crazy if I couldn't Egg.

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Allan:

Congrats on the lifting of the ban!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    It says it's a 'burn' ban not a cooking ban. Just don't burn your food and you can cook on the egg all the time. :blush::whistle:
  • ibanda
    Options
    skihorn wrote:
    Not that you would want to test it legally, but is a BGE a fire risk even in a drought? It seems to burn so clean without producing any embers. I would go crazy if I couldn't Egg.

Freddie
    League City, TX

While the BGE isn't 100% ember free, I think we'd all agree they are much much safer than most charcoal or wood burning grills. Unfortunately we get lumped (pun intended) in with all of the other charcoal grillers.

Actually the ban we had for the past few weeks in the OKC city limits was so strict it included gas grills also. It's been rough not being able to egg!!

I am going to cook a steak caveman style right on the coals tonight to celebrate!