Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Prices?

AgDawg
AgDawg Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My WSM is warped and its past due for me to splurge for an egg. I am wanting an XL egg with the nest and plate setter. Can someone tell me what I should expect to pay? I just want to be ready and only want to haggle with my local big green egg dealer one time. Can it be had for $1,200 cash?

Really appreciate this forum.

Comments

• Where do you live? I would recommend going to an eggfest to pick one up at a discount. The full warranty will still apply. ;)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    XL Egg = $1099.00
    Lg Egg = $799.00
    Med Egg = $629.00
    Sm Egg = $539.00
    Mini Egg = $379.00"
    as a guideline only. every dealer had diff cost to get them there and put together diff base packages. the cheapest price is not always the best dealer either though. you want service after the sale and support as you learn the egg. the forum will help with the learning curve :) good luck! where are you located? there might be an egger that has dealt with your local dealer
  • Ask the dealer, "What's the best price for package of XL, nest and plate setter?"
    I think that my local dealer is selling them for about that price before taxes... .

To change the subject a little, do you REALLY need an XL?
    Would a large BGE do?
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    Large BGE - WiFi Stoker - Thermapen - 250 Cookbooks

• AgDawg
    Thanks for the replies. Just trying to get an idea before I go get one. I live less than a mile from http://www.hawgeyesbbq.com/ in Ankeny,IA. Actually just moved here about a month ago from Memphis, TN. He seems to be the only guy in town that has the bbq rubs and sauces that I am looking for. Its almost May and for most Memphians that means pulled pork bbq and baby back ribs and I just about can't stand it.

My weber smoker is warped and I have tried fixing it but I can't keep my temps down. I have smoked some butts and pork shoulders on my dad's XL egg and loved the consistency of it.
  • beernut
    beernut Posts: 7
    Just got mine last Thursday in Kansas City, MO. for $1159. Came with a cookbook, grill gripper, bag of charcoal and firestarters. Another KC price was 1199 with no extra stuff. I expect fright in can make a big difference. Didn't know about the discount deal at eggfests but once I am ready to buy I can't wait anyhow. Been wanting one for a long time! Didn't get the nest. Also got a plate setter for about $100. Knocked out a temporary table from used wood from a fence I took down. An ODK is in the planning stage so didn't want to buy a nest or table. I was gonna keep my weber kettle but after steaks Saturday night and brined turkey for Easter dinner the weber is going in the neighborhood garage sale along with the bullet smoker and a brinkman charcoal grill. I just love it!
  • tpc1
    tpc1 Posts: 54
    I just bought a Xl for $999. and then i got a break on accessories and a free cookbook.I also did not get a nest, going to build my own stand. When i was checking around the prices in my area were all pretty much with in $100 of each other. But it worked out good for me the place i bought mine from was the best place around for service and support and had the best price.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Hey! Father knows best! Where have I heard that before? :laugh:

Good luck with your purchase. :)
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Prob a good price for the area.

Keep in mind the new XL has a higher
    dome than the old model.

HTH
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I would check around for sure. There is a store posting on Craigslist in Baltimore new xl eggs for $795. The ace hardware by me has the xl with a nest, charcoal, gripper tool, and ash tool for $1099. The BGE showroom was $1099 for the xl with no nest. There is a big difference in price from store to store. Go on the BGE website and search for dealers near you and call around.
  • AgDawg -

Welcome to the area. Just west of Polk City, on the otherside of Saylorville Lake.

As you have found, Hawgeyes has the best selection of rubs and sauces in the area, but I would be a little carefull of buying an Egg from them. Grant, I hope this was an isolated incident, but my experience with them was not great. I bought my second egg from them, and we "haggled" on the price. We met with what I thought a fair price was, which included delivery. I have three young kids and a wife who isn't overly excited about BGE's, so this seemed to be the easiest for me. A couple hours after buying it, up comes the truck to my place and dropped of three different boxes that I had to install. I guess my idea of delivery their idea of delivery was completely different.

I was pissed, but I wanted to Egg that night so I put it together and swore I would never set foot in their store again. That worked for a while the rubs kept me going back.

Check out the True Value store in Grimes or the True Value on 63rd street in West Des Moines. Great people.

I am sure you don't have any reason to travel to Jefferson, Iowa (about an hour Northwest of Des Moines), but the people at Harrison RV are second to none and it might be worth the drive.

Good luck and Happy egging
  • Also -

Forgot to mention, when I told Hawgeyes that I wanted an Egg they tried to talk me out of it. Not exactly a ringing endorsement!
  • AgDawg
    Thanks for the input Dave! Thats what I was looking for. I work in West Des Moines and not too far from the True Value on 63rd. Will go check them out. I bought some rubs from hawgeyes the other day and didn't get the vibes of great customer service when I was asking some general questions about the cookers he sold. You can't beat his selection of rubs, sauces, woods and books though.
  • Check out 63rd, you won't be sorry. I can't say the lady's name, but she is the manager and loves to talk egging.

Good luck.
  • JOJayhawk
    JOJayhawk Posts: 27
    Just paid $1106.00 for my XL in Overland Park, Ks. It's being delivered tomorrow!
    Overland Park, Kansas
    XL
  • AgDawg
    JOJayhawk

Congrats!

Is that with a nest and plate setter? Any other accessories?
  • JOJayhawk
    No nest or plate setter. I built my table over the last two weekends. I should have asked for a deal like Beernut received in KCMO. I'll start adding some accessories over the next month or two.
    Overland Park, Kansas
    XL
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Sounds to me like they delivered it...not sure what you were pissed about...set-up and assembly don't typically fall under the description of delivery...I spose you could be pissed that you didn't ask them what delivery included...either way they did nothing wrong..
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Julie....aren't those demo fest prices..as in new retail would be even higher with the Feb. price increase..
  • beernut
    Hey JoJayhawk maybe i wasn't plain on my deal. I had to pay $100 extra for the plate setter and no delivery. Sounds like you did better than me. I also get in the slowest line at the store!
  • JOJayhawk
    Mine was just delivered and set up. I did pay $40.00 additional for the delivery and set up.
    Where did you get.yours? I'll be honest that I did not shop price for very long. I did take the advice of another poster to go somewhere that truly seemed to be Eggsperts rather than just just trying to sell you the flavor of the day. KC does not seem to be an area where the dealers are competing against each other in price, and everyone seemed to be north of $1100.00 on the XL. Looking forward to breaking it in.
    Overland Park, Kansas
    XL
  • beernut
    I got mine at the water hole in Lee's Summit. It is between work and home and these days with the man truck getting 13.7 mpg that is worth something. So have you broken it in yet? Looking forward to my third cook tomorrow night... leftovers about gone from the first two.