Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cyber Q II

funk49
funk49 Posts: 115
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went to Freds Music and bought one.It was a nice 2 and a half drive each way. :lol: Now what the heck do I do with it? :) I want to use it tonight to smoke a 10 pound uncured ham. I now know that this will be a roast and not a ham.
I can't hook it up to the computer yet because the XL is about 40 feet away and can't find adapters locally to go to a cat 5 connection, so I have to set it using the control head. :( How should I set it up for a low and slow? Any help would be appreciated!
Right now I have it set (I think)for 220 pit and 160 food ? :huh: I turned on the ramp and the open lid thing. Should the fan damper be wide open? Should I change something? I left all the Super User settings at the default?

Comments

• OconeeDawg
    OconeeDawg Posts: 149
    I have a stoker but it works the same way. I clip the probe to the actual BGE thermometer. I set it for 250 and open the daisy while until the little holes on top are all open. Let it go. Good Luck!
  • funk49
    funk49 Posts: 115
    Any Idea where I should set the "Hold"? I think I have the hold figured out. 30* above the food done temp?
    One last bit of confusion! If you don't set the timer, what happens? Will it still do the ramp and hold?