Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egglandfest IV

WingRider
WingRider Posts: 326
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
NewEggland EggFest registration is open!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

http://www.newegglandfest.com/

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    We are all signed up !! now to decide what to cook :)
  • WingRider
    WingRider Posts: 326
    Whatever you decide to cook, I'm sure that it will be delicious!
  • Thanks for letting us know. Yesterday registration was not open yet.
  • tpc1
    tpc1 Posts: 54
    I bought my 2 tickets today. I cant wait, i am hoping i can learn about my new grill.
  • Is $35 the going rate for these fests?

Also, if I wanted to cook, what are some things I should keep in mind (knowing how much food to buy, when to start cooking, what to bring in terms of prep tables etc). Thanks!
  • mint-tulip
    mint-tulip Posts: 171
    Kim signed 4 of us + Granddaughter Nikki..woo hoo ...looking forward to a great time. ;)
  • mint-tulip
    mint-tulip Posts: 171
    Yes that is going rate for tasters...isn't it $25 if you sign up early? You will see/taste more food than $35 could ever buy...and yes cooking is a fun option..You fix what you want and how much you want. You can't try and feed everyone...I will tell you it may be cheaper tickets for cooks but time you buy, prep & cook the food you spend a lot more than the price differential..however most of us who Egg enjoy cooking and do not mind spending the $$$$... :);) in fact we travel to fests all over the country and have a blast doing it... :P B)
  • Thanks for the feedback Ginny! Sorry if I had a negative tone to my post - certainly hope I didn't put a damper on the excited nature of the thread. I'm definitely naive and thought these things were free, since it's sort of a living commercial for the Eggs. Thinking about it more now, I have a lot of respect for the people who volunteer to cook, as they sort of act as a de-facto salesmen. Giving them a discount and a gift bag makes a lot of sense to me now.

I'd love to attend. I get a little jealous reading about everyone getting together at these things. I don't post a ton, but it would be great to meet and put faces to the screen names. Now, I have to contemplate some recipes and put a checklist together so I don't forget anything.